Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 4th FG AAR Frame 5 WTC
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:57 am 

4th had 12 pilots for the show and were based at F 233 in LA-5Ns, except for bwilld, who was in P-39Q.
O duty were
pappyb
=weis=
bombr
billpe
jedijc
bwilld
elviss
omega
robert
icyplt
rcflys,with nookyb entering late in frame.
Our 1st sortie was to head west and cover the IL-2s moving south so we stayed around 12k
with a flight of 4 up high. As we approached the front, we spotted high dots and were being harassed by ack from
F 88, or F 1. Long way for ack to reach.
High flight was bounced and we tried to evade, but lost icyplt to a 109 as we fought a running fight back to F 233.
Launched the 2nd sortie to meet the Knights and Nomads who were out of F 206. As we approached the bay near F 256
heard the call that all buffs were down( guess they got there too soon) so we scouted the bay for some ships, but
found some IL-2s being attacked and went to their aid. Got 1 or 2 kills and had a couple of ours rtb damaged.
Once we were all in twr at f 233, I asked for orders and coolon asked if we could meet the 352nd SE near F47.
With the 352nd already airborne, I headed SSE to meet them between F213 and F220 and we climbed to about 26k
en route and found the 352nd well below us with a couple up high.They were in Yaks and low on fuel as they fought
running east. Most of us stayed high, but found a few 109s up with us and it was an exciting night. AS we egressed north I heard juice say they were going to the port east of F 40 area to look for ships. or LW transports. I turned the remaining 4th to follow in case we were needed. When the 352nd dove to the deck, we lost sight of most and had a running fight NE. One clear, I had the remaining few 4th rtb and stand down(was close to end of frame). I got hit by ack north of the front and well north of F 256 and lost my engine about 35 mile from home. My altitude was good though and I was able to glide back to base for a flame out landing.\
<S> to all who made this a fun series. Sorry for being late with Nomads and Knights. but thought they would hold a little while for us<S> hawk.

pappyb
CO 4th FG
http://echoesmarketing.com/4thfg/

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ]