Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:09 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.squadselectseries.com/events/TS/TSallied.pdf

password = goof

Front has moved again with the Allies in charge of New Georgia and Choiseul.
Japanese shipping is all around Bougainville Island while US shipping is coming into New Georgia or the Slot.

US Carrier TF1 is heading right at them to protect the static shipping at 7,8,5 and Choiseul's open flank. Just south there is another group of DDS covering the carrier group.

Penalty Planes.

Those pilots that have to fly the C47 in Frame 5 have a hazardous re-supply mission. Their first sortie must be in the C47 with troops. They can take off from any airfield and must proceed to F19 and drop their troops on that friendly supply base. They must then return to an airfield of their choice to complete the mission. If they die they are done for the night. If they live they may teleport to their squad airfield and fly the squa aircraft for the rest of the night. This is the only time you may teleport. You dont have to fly everyone at once but it must be their first sortie of the night. Probably best to provide a nice CAP at F19 and plan their routes.

Good Luck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:48 pm 

Do the penalty planes count as part of the "step content" of the field(s) they fly from?

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

No they are not counted.

There may be a log issue with how it reports pilots on a carrier dying. So we will have the log guys check into it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:33 pm 

C-47 penalty planes may take off/land at any airfield. I don't suppose the CV would have C-47's enabled, and that the CV would be counted as an airfield?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:49 am 
Site Admin

No I should have been more specific. C47s from land airbases only.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:32 am 

JABO:
Under the circumstances that occurred last Sunday night, I don't believe the Doolittle's Raiders should be penalized for something we did not do. We did not land anywhere and teleport to the CV. We were given permission by you to rebase to the other CV after the first one was sunk. That's what we did. Please remove us from the penalty planes, so we can move on with our plans for frame 5. Thanks, sir.

Sincerely,
Darryl <S>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:46 pm 

Cross posting here from Planning thread:

Hello Sir Darryl <S>

Having only just received my first s3 bus drivers license this week, I'm not sure on how to best deliver my cargo of troops to F19.

I just logged in to the S3 and it does appear that we have external views with bombers (tested TBD), but C 47s are not yet enabled. Can anyone (hello JABO) confirm this IS the case?

Also on the most recent Muzz map the closest field F28 (27 m from 19) on our side of the front lines, F28 is not yet operational for Greens. The next closest field F38 is 50m away.

Would it be best to stagger our four transports 5 min apart, or fly in one or 2 groups so we might be easier to protect (if we have any CAP at all :? )?

Do ALL 20 troops have to make it to the tower? (ie no "splats")

Also note there will be no inflight food service on this flight, so tell the grunts to bring their own peanuts.

<S>
Billpe, 4th Transport Group
"Service with a Smile" ;)

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ]