Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 4th FG Striker AAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:11 pm 

First sortie the 4th arrived in trail of the Raiders as planned. Our strike group went in after the last bomb was dropped and took out the dock, 2 guns and one other target (not sure what) closing the field. We then egressed on the deck to 59 with little fuel to spare. Second sortie, we were late. Apologies to Weis and Raiders for that, no excuses just bad planning. Arriving on scene we saw the Raiders diving out towards the E and the AE's engaging at 15k. We assisted the AE's against cons from 15k down to the deck, while the 4th strikers hit 43 taking out several targets. Jedi informed me that the ack was very heavy from ground and shipping costing us one of out strikers. I ordered the strikers to RTB as in my opinion they did their job and I did not want to loose another man to ack. We were running on fumes when the 352nd arrived in the nic of time to save the day. I ordered the remaining 4thmen who were not engaged to chop throttle to 50% and rtb 53 for refuel. I touched down with a little over 3 minutes flight time. It was close. Third sortie, Jedi took lead as I had not yet made landfall from 53. KK and I came up in trail and caught up with Jedis flight as they were beginning an engagement with cons on the deck at 33. KK and I secured high cover for Jedi and his team. Once again we stayed on location until we were down to 20min flight time at 60% throttle. I instructed the group to rtb 53 for stand down. The flight home was peaceful and we got to see a beautiful sunset prior to landing.

It was a well laid out plan Weis. Unfortunately sometimes there is miscommunication, or things just don't go exactly the way we plan. In that respect, WarBirds is a true sim. How we deal with the events that are out of our control define us. You defined yourself as a man with integrity and passion. It takes a special kind of character to take on the big chair, and I salute all who have done it and continue to do it. What goes wrong is trivial and cannot be changed, and is not worthy of our time to ponder. The important thing is the end game, and I believe the S6 will show that Frame 2 was a success for the Allies. Salute to all.

Lt Col Kelly "Screaming Alpha"
Virtual 4th Fighter Group

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ]