All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:57 pm 

Sept 1944

Gents:

For this Frame 3, whichever side accomplishes their objectives, Allied capture and hold any 2 of the 6 bases identified on the map (V-b 38, GAF 114, V-b 51, V-b 46, GAF 125 and V-b 39), or Axis prevent that from happening to achieve your objectives, get bonuses.

The bonuses for either side for accomplishing their objectives is 20% of your total score added to your total score and $5 in the WarBirds accounts of the winning side.

If the allies as a team score 20,000 points for the entire night, they accomplish any two field capture and hold till 1110, they get an additional 4000 points plus the $5 in the account of any player who player for one hour and has at least 100 points for the night.

-Allied Command

note:
Bill asked for a "ground war" with Forward Deployment between the "Ville Base" fields, here is info on how that works:

The General will pick the two closest enemy "Ville Base" fields and randomly choose one to "attack" with tanks. The other field will launch tank defenders in response. Anti-aircraft units will also be launched if enemy planes are overhead. Both fields will have forward deployment available to each other for players in ground vehicles, ie, you will be launched at a random point near the opposing field (the players can choose to not be forward deployed by un-checking "accept forward deployment" in the tower screen).

Unlike the regular fields, these fields must first be "contested" before they can be captured. This involves first destroying all the fixed assets (same rules as closing a field), then destroying the AI tank or AI anti-aircraft guard. Once this happens, the field is "contested" ... it will turn grey, and then it can be captured by either side.

Note this only applies to the "Ville Base" fields, the other fields work the same as before.

Attachments:
image003.png
image003.png [ 590.35 KiB | Viewed 3202 times ]

NOOKYB 4th FG
4th But First!

Last edited by nookyb on Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:11 pm 

Nooky,
1) See my post in the general forum
2) Some of the target boxes include both Ville-bases and GAFs. None contain MAF, LAF or cities. I assume close/capture/hold only applies to the fields marked as targets. Are other fields in play as well, or are they just window dressing. If there are both a Ville-base and a GAF in a target box, does each count as a target, or do both have to be closed/captured/held for points?
3) Is the scoring summary posted on the S3 site still valid for frames 4 and 5?
4) Unless I'm missing something, winning/losing is very digital. We must close/capture/hold two targets to win, otherwise the Axis wins. Is this the intent, and if so, does being awarded points for causing damage and closing/capturing fields really matter?
5) Are fields not marked as targets in play for the Axis? i.e. Are we fighting over the same fields, or could the Axis close/capture any field to get points?

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:31 pm 

There were no C-47's anywhere

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:43 pm 

I would have most likely CO'd this frame but the late posting of the particulars doesn't fit in with the days I have to work on a plan.
Will try and find some time to wrap my head around these objectives before Sunday, but it doesn't look good for that.

Frame 4 I will be away and will miss.
I'll try and do frame 5 if I'm home.
<S>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:20 pm 

If we close GAF 127 we might be able to defend them as they are close together.

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

Last edited by Beaver on Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:12 pm 

116 is already ours. Did you mean 115?

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:52 am 

I'll be outta town for this Sunday's frame. However, I put some thoughts together earlier for this frame but then see some things have changed, once again.
I'm posting what is still relevant to the frame as it now stands, no time to look into the changes.

Pick two, or possibly 3 targets. Hit them, close them...start the timer and let them reopen. That will tie a few of their fighters up looking for troops that aren't coming. Be ready just off dar/nearby with bombers for timing of the reopening, to close them again and capture at least 2 of the objectives needed. Notice we get DOUBLE field closure points. Possibly have 2 sets of troops going to each field via different routes, maybe even driving as the distance could be fairly short.

If it is obvious that you cannot defend an area, do not capture it. Deny them closure points.

Fields 112/114/115 are small and should close easily if the bombers know their target layout
Closing a field garners 15 points, no need to try and capture unless they are part of the 20% point bonus for meeting objectives. 20% of what, btw?

A separate diversionary strike elsewhere could at least garner some points for a closure, which also could split their forces somewhat.

If you capture a field and can't defend it, the Axis will easily garner 15 points for closure and probably captures it as well...negating our close and capture points.

Cover the dang bombers, all of the bombers, however possible.

My 2¢, fwiw
Have fun Sunday!

<S>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:07 am 

Future series should not allow reopen or recapture of bases within same frame...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:18 pm 

-fooo- wrote:
Future series should not allow reopen or recapture of bases within same frame...

Yep pretty silly that you can capture a target, but then have no way to protect it. Frame 4 was a joke that you can capture a red base and have no vehicles or aircraft available to defend it, but if the other side closes and recaptures it they immediately get gv's and aircraft. :roll: SMH.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:42 pm 

I tried to avoid that in the Frame 5 scenario, but may have failed. Feedback more than welcome in the general forum.
<S>

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
Muzz's Maps

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next