Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: CO AAR TOC Frame 3
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:40 am 

Thank you all for your gallant efforts in these dark times.

I am not sure how it happened except for the brave fighter and transport pilots who threw themselves in to the tasks at hand allowing some of the transports through to the final destinations.

Reports are still trickling in from pilots that made it and the search for the missing are underway. Individual AAR are requested as attachments to this communique.

Command had voice comm failure and had to resort to Morse code, mirrors, and smoke signals. The CO was having conniptions over the loss of comms still looking for the malfunction.

The opening move of the 23rd to the east was a success intercepting the Axis coming out of Hanoi putting them into disarray and drawing them back out the east. The 4th was also directed toward Hanoi to the SSE but the second Axis flight did not appear. Fighter forces were recalled to the F47 area and a big furbal ensued.

Intelligence failed to advise command of a strong Axis fighter presence stationed at F160 and surprised command by coming up from the south, capping F47 just as the first transport arrived. Four transports were lost. Bad timing for sure. Co is upset at himself for not holding the transports up north until the enemy fighters were pushed away.

The Brits had a long way to fly to get in on the action and CO is not sure what happened to them on their arrival to F47.

Additional transports departed F36 and made it into F47. Refueled they departed for F138 and F20 on their initiative. Most of those made it.

A small group of enemy made it all the way to F36 causing some panic among the departing transports. One C47 was lost.

Frendly fighters intercepted but the outcome is unknown to command.

<S> to all.

Last edited by OhShix on Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: CO AAR TOC Frame 3
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:12 pm 

Ohshix, you are to be commended for your frame leadership which, most importantly continued throughout the whole frame. Overall a fine effort!
For your first time as a frame CO we couldn't have asked for more.
Thanks for sitting in the CO chair and herding us stray cats around.
<S>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:02 pm 

Here here. Good job at CO!

Reports are still coming in. As soon as I pour over the log I'll post the number of successful missions. I estimate 14.

I had:

1 successful B-24 from 47 to 138.
1 successful C-47 from 36 to 47

Nook

NOOKYB 4th FG
4th But First!

Last edited by nookyb on Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:25 pm 

One successful C-47 supply to F47. One successful C-47 supply to F20. One successful disco with a ping or two and no parts missing in a P-40. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:31 pm 

sleepy reporting 2 successful flights in a c 87 to 47
1 successful c 87 flight to 138
1 succesfull c 47 flight to 20

Side note, Wilbil made a good landing in a c 87 at 47 but hit a object on rollout and blew up, not sure how you wanna count that

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:44 pm 

Here comes Wild Bill!

Attachments:
Copy+of+Landing+wheels+recede+as+this+U.S.+Army+Air+Forces+Liberator+bomber+crosses+the+shark-nosed+bows+of+U.S.+P-40+fighter+planes.jpg
Copy+of+Landing+wheels+recede+as+this+U.S.+Army+Air+Forces+Liberator+bomber+crosses+the+shark-nosed+bows+of+U.S.+P-40+fighter+planes.jpg [ 429.19 KiB | Viewed 3131 times ]

NOOKYB 4th FG
4th But First!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:25 am 

Had a interesting night, lots of fun.

1st sortie, took off from Dinjan in a C87 for a easy first sortie to Kunming. Nothing to worry about, IJ can't possibly beat me to F47........ I was still a grid to the west when tracers started to go by, then pieces of my plane fell off. (death #1)

2nd sortie, Took off from Dinjan in a C87 but decided to fly the old fashioned way, North I went, to the edge of the map and headed east. then straight down to F47. CAP cleared the field and I landed no issues (1 Transport complete)

Asked OhShix what he wanted, he told me to transport from Kunming to Rangoon so upped with a C87 again. Decided to take the long way again, went to the north and all the way around, came straight down south expecting no troubles but no, the 352nd was way the heck out west. Somewhere north of Toungoo they found me. Down I went (death #2)

I spoke to my CO how said we needed a C47 run from Dinjan to Kunming so off I went. I upped and headed north again, long flight in a C47, and came down from the NW when it was announced that 47 was clear. Came in and landed without issue (2 transport complete).

Getting close to the end of the frame so I upped in a P40, saw nothing, landed at 47 when ordered by OhShix to end the night.

Not sure how many points we/they got but had a lot of fun trying to sneak around the map.

Thanks OhShix for commanding!
Thanks Nookyb for a great scenario!

<S!>
MuskyZ
Newest member of the 4th

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
George S. Patton

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:43 am 

FRAME 3 SCORING:

SUPPLY MISSIONS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED

F36 to F47
B-24 - 4
C-47 - 6

F47 to F138
B-24 - 3
C-47 - 1

F47 to F20
B-24 - 1
C-47 - 2

Total Missions Completed: 17

FRAME POINTS:
ALLIES - 2
AXIS - 1

Kill/Destroyed points earned:
Allies- 30
Axis- 50

TOTALS SO FAR FOR SERIES:

Frame Points:
Allies: 8
Axis: 1

Kill/Destroyed points (highest points at end of series receives 3 bonus Frame Points)
Allies: 139.5
Axis: 142

so far 3 bonus points will go to Axis making series 8 to 4 with Allies in lead...Series is still up for grabs!

NOOKYB 4th FG
4th But First!

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ]