Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:58 am 

With the Invasion occurring this frame there are pertinent items to remember:
-We will not worry about our other closed locations until later in the frame, if need be.
-We will have radar from F1, unless/until they succeed in taking it out.
-Axis troop ships should be leaving from Calais being the closest port with sailing time to Dover about an hour give or take. I believe they might be able to call when the troop ships sail though.
-Their ai Ju52’s will be at 2k or a bit more from the intel I received.
- Axis will need to kill the defensive guns at F6 and F18 before troops arrive via sea or air. They will also have to contend with the ack from F1, which is open.
-I don’t believe they will waste the invasion forces without killing ack at F1 or closing it before troops arrive.
-I believe they will bring in bombers at mid altitude to hit F1 and/or F6/F18/ with the BEST bomber line being SW to NE or vice versa.
- We need to concentrate on defending against bombers inbound to F1/F6/F18 and NOT losing lives to fighters if the bombers are not present. Just like in the BOB, we need to keep our fighters engaged with bombers only if possible.
-The Axis have lots of things to do, which might spread their forces out some. I wouldn’t count on them dispersing their assets too much.
-We have the option of using gv’s from F1 for defending F1/F6/F18. We shouldn’t use gv’s until the frame evolves some, as you may die when they attack ground objects at all 3 areas. GV’s treated same as airframes except you can teleport to use them and then to go back to an airfield.

I want all of us to roll right at T=0 and head directly to F1 area. You will be 33 miles from Dover on launch.
I will be in tower all night or until needed--probably flying a Wellington if no volunteers. But then we will lose gci.
Remember, IF you die, you are out of the action and far away, being no help.

RCAF and 23rd at F34
AE and 8th F19

I want the RCAF to head to F1 the fastest you can staying lowish and fast. IF radar shows them inbound, I will tell you to start climbing.

AE’s and 8th(if any)climb towards F1, but not in a hard climb to begin with, until the radar picture presents itself.

23rd roll and climb towards F1 hard. Some 23rd will be tasked with scouting for ships at some point, so you will need altitude.
Avoid fighters if possible at the outset.
I’ll be in tower at Dover as a coast watcher.

No loner patrols please.

We really really need 3-4 pilots to fly Wellingtons with torpedos. We have 4 ai with each pilot which means 10 torps for each pilot which would be 30-40 torps if they all make it. Any Wellington should go low and once reaching their radar cover(about 8,7.5/9) you need to be NOE off dar the rest of the way to hold at 9,7.9/6 ( on 10 vertical line).

Lets try to keep close to each other all night.
Sorry for the long winded post, but want all to know what the situation is.

Good Luck
<S>

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ]