Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Frame 4 4FG AAR
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:41 pm 

First, thanks to Split for taking this on at the last minute. 2nd, in future we should consider how to set up TS so whoever is GCI can talk to all Allied. Once all the white dots on DAR merge it is not possible to tell enemy from friendly. Whatever happened to IFF?????

FG launched all pilots in P-38Gs to bomb F118. While we did not get it closed most of it was destroyed but checking later in frame many buildings seemed to have regenerated?????. WTF???? All pilots returned to up in Spits and take on inbound enemy A/C. After the initial task to deal with F118 several sorties were run attacking cons over 161 which the LW attacked NOE and closed. Once 161 cleared we joined the buffs to cover the attack on 104. 104 was eventually closed. Most all of our pilots were maxed out on A/C with enemy fighters capping F167. 12 pilots launched in the initial attack were maxed out and downed by the end of the frame with 13 kills, 3 Bails and the remaining AC lost due to enemy action. The 4th FG stood down the last 15-20 minutes of the frame.
bombr- 4FG CC
Quote: "PPPPPP - Prior preparation prevents piss poor performance."

Post subject: Re: Frame 4 4FG AAR
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:35 am 

bombr, I appreciate the thanks. I literally threw that together in 10 minutes and wish things had worked out better as far as field closures go.
I appreciat the fact that you were willing to do gci.
It is a shame that we are forced to use multiple lives to try and achieve some kind of success with the setup we have.
Rough nite for all involved.

Usually one can figure out some kind of angle to be at least competitive in a series. I'm not sure there is such an angle this series.

<S>

Post subject: Re: Frame 4 4FG AAR
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:28 pm 

Good job Split, the angle is to close their fields, defend our fields and not lose aircraft, just no way to do that. The Allies have ben dealt impossible coditions for the last two series :(

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ]