Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 4FG BW Frame 1 AAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:49 pm 

The 4th launched 14 in Jugs from 44. I stayed in tower for GCI as I was haveing multiple Discoes. (I sensed that we had more discoes than ususal) We headed south to cover the buff stream but got confused and started heading east with the 23rd. Recovered from our mistake and joined with the DRs prior to target. We encountered no enemy air on the first sortied as the DRs hit 55 and 57. 2nd sortie we again joined with the DRs heading back to 57. This time the enemy showed up just after we left our DAR coverage. I believe the DRs lost 1 AI to enemy action and 1 live player to control malfuction. 4th claims two and possibly 3 kills on this sortied and RTBed to 44. The 3rd sortie we scrambled east from 44 to cover the 23rd on their return from hitting 72. We joined them just west of 55 and chased away a few LW. We lost no one during this frame. Had one squadie take some hits and lost fuel but was able to glide to a safe landing near 58 so was able to re-launch. Good start to the new year but wish we had had better coordination during planning. <S> bombr-4FG/CC

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ]