Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 10 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Bomb damage help needed
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:11 pm 

Salute! I need DR's to see how they do on the LAF tgts using 1,000 pounders. I did better than using two x 1600, time after time.

So use salvo 3, delay 60.

Tgts of interest are DAR, ammo and the big hangars.

Using the Forts so as to have options for Frame 5.

Gums sends....

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:37 am 

GUMS:
We only use the 1600lbs due to their effectiveness. Takes more 1000lbs bombs to do same thing.

<S>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:55 am 

This is what the factory literature says, your mileage may vary.
In regard to "damage required":
Ammo dump: 1500
Radar Station: 1250
Hangar: 2500

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:38 pm 

DAR Stn & Checker board hangers are taking 3x1000s in my test - no salvo just click, click click.
Wearhouses - 2x1000s.
Ammo - 2x1000s in the center takes em all out.

~S~
-noflyz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:44 pm 

Thanks, DEW.

GUMS, you can see from the chart that the 1600lbs bomb has 3000/1250 value versus the 1000lbs bomb with 1875/781. We still burn 2 x 1600lbs on each hangar, just for effect. It would require at least 3 x 1000lbs to do the same thing. All of this is based on how tight we drop on each target. The little bit extra helps. We get the same number of bombs with 1K or 1.6K bombs, so it makes sense to carry the larger ones.

We don't do salvo because we can't control exactly where the additional bombs fall going at the speeds we fly.

NOF, has done extensive testing, as he has pointed out.

<S>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:51 pm 

Salute!

TNX for actual test. I had same results as Nofly-zone. The 2K eggs were not as reliable, and the 6 x 1000 lb loadout gives us 3 eggs per tgt, plus we double up to ensure destruction.

Seems they fixed the delay, as latest FM has much closer spacing than a year ago, when we could beat the intervelameter by click-click-click. So I hit pickle button at leading edge of the tgt and get decent results.

My theory is the 2K eggs are the AP variety, so have smaller radius. I am very familiar with the published values, but over the years, Whawk and I always had better luck with the 1K eggs.

Dobs will publish orders later, and Gums will work up some tgt lines for DR review and concurrence.

Gums sends...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:24 am 

Gums wrote:
Salute!
My theory is the 2K eggs are the AP variety, so have smaller radius. I am very familiar with the published values, but over the years, Whawk and I always had better luck with the 1K eggs.

We REALLY prefer to carry the 1600lbs bombs and have proved over the years we can get the job done with them. When bombers start discoing and getting shot down, and the numbers start decreasing, the extra blast radius and damage value helps.

<S>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:19 am 

Gums wrote:

Dobs will publish orders later, and Gums will work up some tgt lines for DR review and concurrence.

What are the proposed targets? Are we talking about hitting only Berlin (L94)?

Question: Is there any reason why we don't take out the two fields (L90 and L63) on the ingress or egress, since we will most likely have more than enough bombers to handle Berlin (L94)?

<S>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:59 pm 

Salute!

I'll keep this on the BDA thread and go thru details for Frame 4 on its own thread.
++++++++++++++

One target! As Nofly has pointed out, this will be a long haul, and disco with damage will take its toll. Therefore, the route avoids almost all ack until the actual target - F94. I am also concerned about "a bridge too far" scenario. After flying almost 2 friggin' hours, Dobs and I thought we should pulverize one tgt versus taking a chance on two.

Hopefully, the DR will take buff planning for last Frame, and it seemed a good idea to use the Fort in order to provide options for last frame - any plane on the list.

I tried both the 2 x 1600 and the 3 x 1000 on all the tgts, and Nofly's results were same as mine. Dunno why, but the extra 200 pounds doesn't seem to add as much. Using a spacing of 100 msec ( about 35 feet in real world at our GS), and pickling just at edge of the tgts, they went down. Nevertheless, we'll still plan on doubling up on some - think the DAR emitter, fuel tanks and ammo dumps on east side. We have 9 tgts, so with 12 buffs we can double up on some lines. That also accounts for losses just before the tgt.

Lastly, this frame is a "style point" doofer. We gotta go to Big B one time, and the other guys might think we're going for 92 and 91 this time. The whole thing puts a lotta heat on the lites, much less we buffs that cruise for an hour to the tgt.

See the OC Frame 4 Buff thread soon.

Gums sends...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:19 pm 

deleted

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 10 posts ]