Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Frame 3 CO AAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:15 pm 

All Bombers TO on time on mission to close F7 & F6, and 61. Noted 352 killing GVs early - good show. Tried to adjust timing for sync TOTs on both 7 & 61. 4th Had some hits on both 7 & 6 but most of us were killed do to lack of air cover. 2 made it to 26 only to find it under attack.

2nd life, 2nd mission - 4th TO from 62 to close F7 & F6. Approached at 10k because on first mission at 15k we could not see some of the target. CAP joined us near F48, IP inbound - Thank you!. Still could not see revetments, so left the formation and went low. Found only 1 hut still up at 7 so made a quick (and incorrect ) decision to drop remaining 2 bombs on it but I forgot I was not defused so killed the hut and myself but closed 7. (In hindsight I could have gunned the hut down and saved myself). Still never saw revetments ???? . 4th closed 6 and booked S the SE running from 109s that finally showed. RTB to 62 the launched third sortie with remaining 9 guys to close F21. DRs, & 127th closed 61 - Nice job, tough target. 4th Approached F21 NOE starting climb to reach 5k just before the BR. One of the other bomber units, not sure who, had hit 21 just prior and taken some of the targets down, but after 3 of our 8 AC had dropped, it closed. Again turned S and SE running at NOE from 109s that had upped from 21 as we approached. Lost all but 2, but mission was a success and all objectives accomplished. Well done guys! See 352nd Vid of Frame 3 in General Forum. Good kills defending 10 but 26, 27 & 10 closed by Axis. 6, 7, 61 and 21 closed by Allies. Good frame. Thanks to all! Cheers!

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ]