Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 4th VVS Frame 5 AAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:39 pm 

Central command had us based at F2 with those new P39Q American fighter-bombers.
Launched with 16 for the far west bay of Sevastopol. Since it was a long flight, we carried some Vodka for relief.
Needed to carry drop tanks so we had only the 50 cals and 37mm canon.
Arrived in the bay and began the search....so did the shore batteries of AAA. Freighters found and we were able to
sink 7(I think), while losing kelly to AAA and pappyb and bolok to the magic ship masts. A call of bandits ap[proaching
and the ordre was to egress south and east. The chase was on. A couple of 109s trailed high for a while and dove in on the stragglers.
Had a running fight for about 15 minutes while losing a bunch to NME fire and PE(pilot error).
Remaining 4th made it home before NME reinforcements arrived overhead at F2. Had to stay in twr until clear. Thanks to the 23rd
as they arrived in time to let our guys land for fuel and ammo. Once the base was clear, we launched 5 hvy for the F277 area
to attempt a close. As the flight travelled a short way west of F2, they spotted a JU88 ionbd to our shipping near our base.
He was attacked Head on and dispatched, but not without losing one of ours.
The attack on 277 was going well until jerry showed up with superior numbers and we ran southeast trying to egress,
but had to fight and lost all to NME fire, but nailed a couple of them too.
All in all a tough series for the VVS....
Tally was about 7 ships sunk, hvy damage at 277 and 4-6 NME a/c shot down.
Believe 4th actually had 2 aces in series Light (5) and sepua(5).

Merry Christmas to All and a Happy New Year.

pappyb
CO 4th FG
http://echoesmarketing.com/4thfg/

Post subject: Re: 4th VVS Frame 5 AAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:45 pm 

PAPPYB:
The 4th FG did an outstanding job. You were able to bring home the points we hoped that you would. Glad you all had fun.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

Darryl <S>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:35 pm 

Pappyb, I was gci for the 23rd and I was trying to get the guys there sooner. We were rtb to fields 230/20 to refuel when I noticed reports of you guys running along with bandits in pursuit. It was frustrating with the long haul we had to get down to F2 to assist. Hopefully we saved a few of your guys.
Agree that these lopsided matches are frustrating, hopefully the donkey will realize that we players want something with a more balanced planeset and numbers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:31 pm 

Wilz, the arrival was much appreciated! While several of us had already managed to high tail it home, your arrival did infact offer relief for the remaining 4th who were still being "pecked at" by the 109's. Several of the 4th were able to take advantage of your arrival and by lifting with our P39Q's with light fuel loads. With our combined numbers and them being relatively low to begine with, we managed to make them pay for their aggressivness.

I have to give our various flight leads some due credit here. We had cons bouncing us from the 1,0 cross all the way back to F2. We knew our fuel was critical, and even lost a pilot or 2 due to no fuel. Still, for the most part, we managed to keep the fight moving to the east, inflicting a couple of black eyes on the gold 109s as we staged our low level retreat all the way across the map! Yup, we lost some to the 109's, but we also damaged a couple of them as well. The important thing is that we did not allow them to get us bottled up long enough for their help to arrive and finish us off. Those in the front, (and unmolested) grabbed altitude, then reversed to help shoo the gold gnats aways from the arse end of the group, rinse repeat. Not saying our retreat was text book, but it was effective. I may be wrong, but I think most of our losses were due to AA, ship masts, no fuel, and not to the enemy 109.s Stats will answer that one a little later I guess. Still, I was amazed that we managed to skidaddle back home with those guys constantly diving down on us. You guys arriving and allowing us to get down, and some of us to get back up sure made things hectic for them! I think you managed to break off from the fight and head home just in time as well. Not sure who won the fight (so to speak), but if we didn't win, we sure put up a pretty nice fight! -S's to you all!

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]