View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:43 pm 

In the game rules, heavy cloud is sitting at 20,000', go above that and you can miss squads passing under you. Not so happy for the 109's :D

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

Clouds are in a semi-working state in WBs. There are gaps in the clouds regardless of how many layers you put in. It should make it more of a Russian Front scenario of less than 20,000ft operations but still expect the 109s to be above you as they were historically. But they will have to come down to tangle and both Soviet a/c do better down there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:57 pm 

Beaver wrote:
In the game rules, heavy cloud is sitting at 20,000', go above that and you can miss squads passing under you. Not so happy for the 109's :D

You read the rules... Geez!
I'm taking the light brigade approach!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:24 pm 

deleted

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:27 pm 

I asked this question on main forum also. but maybe some Ill repeat.

1. there are truck convoys. In rules I didnt see any points for destroying truck convoys. In former s3 tobruk there was. fighters are effective against these convoys but not at all against tanks.
ARE POINTS AWARDED FOR DESTRUCTION OF TRUCK CONVOYS in this S3?

2. I could find no charts showing what destruction probabilities a given bomb had against GV's. there is a chart for structures, ships, bridges etc. but could find none against M16, Trucks, tanks etc.
HOW WOULD I LOCATE A REFERENCE TO DEFENCIVE POINTS FOR DIFFERENT GV' S IN THIS S3?

3. Are the structure setting off line for buildings the same as this S3. Focus is practice and attempting to see lethality of fighters against given targets. also is there a way to practice vs GV's.. say S3 arena being open for that saturday?
IS THERE A REAL TIME AREA TO PRACTICE ATTACK STRENGTHS AND TERRAIN FOR THE UP COMING S3?
(Real time meaning a 100 lb bomb blows up a tiger tank in practice ,,, and ,,, when S3 the 100 lb bomb will still blows up that tiger tank.)(same destruct/defence program)

This is going to be a serious one. No second chances for success if you need second pass or ordinance doesn't work as advertised. Especialy if you have large squadron like 352nd lurking over your head with orders to kill anything in the air and our orders are to destroy anything on the ground. I feel we will have to get this one right and precise on the first pass.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:57 pm 

Am I wrong or is field 283 out of the combat zone. ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:38 am 

I just noticed that the la5fn has more gas than the f. Same plane ( supposed to be) but with different graphics. Any chance of getting it? or you MEANT for us to have short legs?
If so, disregard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:00 pm 

The "la5FN" had fuel injected engine and the old "F" had carbs.

Assume therefore that the "La5F" has negative G cut out issues like the early spits.

Don't think i've ever flown it in WB so cannot say if that's the case.

Quick google search

"The fuel system was altered to use three fuel tanks instead of five, reducing fuel capacity from 118.5 to 102 Imperial gallons (539 to 464 litres) and eliminating the wingtip tanks which hampered manoeuvrability"

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2