Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: HOG Frame 2 CO AAR
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:17 pm 

Well, things went right out the window in the east when the 352nd started out right in front in the target area. They were not shy about pushing across our front lines. I ordered the 100th & 4th to retreat. I felt helpless there but the 4th was able to work around the 352 and attack targets on the eastern side. With the closure of 92 and shooting down many of the attacking bombers it was an excellent example of improvisation on your part.

The 100th was able to remain viable all night against overwhelming numbers working in conjunction with the 4th.

The Night Stalkers started out in a hole and were pretty much pushed out of action as they were surrounded by cons and mountains. I, unfortunately, put them in a town by the lake... which sat at the bottom of a bowl of mountains. Trying to take a heavy stuka up over the mountains was very difficult at best. When arriving to target in the west the NS were pinned against a mountain by converging hurricanes and knocked out of the sky. I wish I had put them in the east near close by targets and flat lands. My bad.

in the west things progressed with positive results. The Knights/Nomads were to strike the medium airfield at 86. With the AE out front and LF6 coming in support they were able to work together and through tenacity and grit close not only the airfield but several other targets as well. The Fighters were able to grind down the opposition to allow further bombing runs by the knights as well as taking out targets themselves. Again it was the individual squads stepping up and taking charge hitting targets and working together that brought about any success we had.

I'd especially like to thank Bombr and Bluzoo for taking charge of the radar operations and efficiently and effectively guiding our pilots from all squads. I'm sure there were others that helped out too and your efforts are also greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for going above and beyond.

coolon
4th Fighter Group

formerly: -=Night Stalkers=- | 44th FS Vampires | Widowmakers

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ]