Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Knights TWF Frame 2 AAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:44 am 

Tonight was a bust for the Knights. We have never been skunked like we were tonight and I am not happy about that. We lost everyone and never could close 17. If we had taken our Ju-88s, we could had not only closed 17, but 18 and 54 for Jman.

The ack was deadly accurate and there was no way we could get the job done in 190's without losing our planes. A fun night it was not and hope our mud movers never have to fly those 190s again. My guys tried their best but and couldn't have asked more from them. Still, not getting the job done was extremely frustrating.

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:32 pm 

Hawk,

We really hated to see you guys getting taken out by the incredibly accurate ack. We've lost several guys to ack just by getting to close to the AAA during a low alt fight, so we know how hot it is this series.

We made a few jabo runs in our 190s last night. About the only way to survive was dropping high and weaving like hell when egressing.

<S> Oskar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:49 pm 

something about the AA on this map is VERY different from other maps.

the 40mms added to the tanks dont seem too bad, but the machine gun stuff is DEADLY accurate.. first guy in almost always gets oiled or killed outright.

unfortunately in this series we dont really have choices as to what we can fly as we have to fly so many missions in each plane listed. :(

17 did get closed eventually so it was not all for nothing.

coolon
4th Fighter Group

formerly: -=Night Stalkers=- | 44th FS Vampires | Widowmakers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:03 pm 

Hawk, per the rules your strike pilots are required to have two frames in 190F8's:

http://www.squadselectseries.com/events/TWF/TWFAC.html

We'd love to have a few steps of the F8's for strike. If you can work out some kind of trade with Jabo we'd be interested in working something out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:38 am 

Todzla,

That would be great because we are good at what we do in bombers and not so in 190s. Hated letting Jman down like that because we know we could have done more for him.

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:42 am 

Hawk,
Sorry I missed your PM in game earlier...no worries it's all good. Can I suggest that if you want and some of your guys have time Madcat and I can give you guys some training in the F8. She is a wonderful beast and has a good bombload.

From what I saw in the buffer you guys went NOE and also dropped NOE as well?? Followed up by gun passes??

Constructive criticism follows... :)

If so that may have been part of the trouble. Madcat and I went back to 17 and closed it..we were NOE and had a single 500kg dfused in our 190A4s. About 3-4 miles out we popped in a hard climb and made it to 6k or so. Madcat called the emitter and dove in (70deg dive) and I could see ack coming up as he jinked away and started climbing when clear. His dfuse bomb went off and closed 17. We did similar attacks on the outposts and we never got pinged. We only made one gun pass on an outpost and that was after ALL the guns were down.

Tooling around on the deck in these ack settings is not the place to be. IMHO

The offer stands if you want some pointers..

<S>
Jman

352nd Fighter Group (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
328th Fighter Squadron C.O. (V) - PE - Red and Green

dulce bellum inexpertis

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ]