Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Frame Two CO AAr
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:25 pm 

First and Foremost a big <S> to all squads for participation in this one above and beyond the call of duty.
To the 100th , JG 77 and TKs. Great job on 33 your tenacity and can do attitude for the entire frame resulted in the closure of 33.
No one could ask more of your squad.

23rd FG, your feint and subsequent encounter with the enemy resulted in keeping them tied up allowing others to progress to the assigned targets

JG51, my apologies on not getting you into the fray earlier, the allies did not follow my plan and attack the rear areas, sorry for the boredom but thanks for
following the plan.

Knights, a bit of bad luck, was not expecting to see your demise so early, this is the problem with dar only reaching so far, could not see your ingress nor there intercept.
But kudos to attempting to finish the attack under heavy pressure.

127Wing, nice job on the shipping and the attack on the Russell Islands late frame, they will not have many shade trees to lie under this next week. And th single attack by Muzz late on the CV almost resulted in the sinking of the Saratoga, he missed by a whiskers length. This while missing important parts of his Betty. <S>

My mistake(s) were not covering the CV late in the frame resulting in the loss of Chitose, also knew going in that 45 would be attacked at the get go so gave that one up, in order to save airframes.

NOTES to next CO's

1) Muzz and myself in Betties were able to attack Guadalcanal proper with no opposition, ack over Henderson was not overwhelming unfortunately we did not do anything but make new watering holes for the livestock, but were able to sneak in at alt (25K +) and make some run for cover.

2) I think with the limited dar an all out attack on the Russell's is possible, would advise waiting till they were low fuel or landing.

3) Even with the problems with the Betties lack of defense it is a good platform, just have to be sneaker with it.

All in all I think we gave as good as we got and kept it close.

Drinks are on me at the OC all week.

Swede-

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ]