Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:02 pm 

I dropped first egg inbound 32 with knights over water when they seemed to be engaged with N/S.

second trip almost compressed and lawn darted in the 109g2 ...

at least one other TK reported similar experience, I've done a lot of research on 109s and as I recall

it was maintaining speed that was the general character factor with 109s which wanted to pitch up at high speeds.

I will review stuff but as I recall that is how it was in WB as well .

anybody else experience this, or have data reasoning to support or dispute accuracy of this behavior ???

anyway something new and unexpected and IMO TRW unlikely so be mindful of the new issue and gl.

trim should be your best bet because of leading edge adjustment and horiz stab offset from the wing when properly trimmed at speed (although wb may not take those into account)

flaps should help but deployment speeds have been reduced in game so as to no longer be available at the problem speeds,

maybe cross control until you can reduce speed enough to get response from either trim or flaps or el ...

sooo ...

heads up and be safe out there ...

++S++

t

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:08 pm 

P.S. thinking of team we should probably keep this to ourselves until after series.

no point in telling (The Commies) them what we may be struggling with while we are "at war" .

+S+

t

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:10 pm 

So far the 109 FMs haven't been adjusted...only buff FMs according to the readme files.

352nd Fighter Group (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
328th Fighter Squadron C.O. (V) - PE - Red and Green

dulce bellum inexpertis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:18 pm 

never had it happen to me before in 109 ...

maybe could have been my trim state or AOA, but didn't think I did anything different there either sooo ...

maybe a bi-product of general fm change or some coding that came along with new FDS ...

just saying it was a pretty big surprise and ended up being a close thing so I wanted to give a heads up because if you drive fast

for a low drop it might not end well, wanted to let people know that, because it seems very different to me.

+S+

t

P.S. it wasn't only me at least one other report of same over our TS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:32 pm 

I had similar experience at about 500 TAS I had to trim to keep nose from pitching up. I did not try the flaps as I was trying to stay as fast as I could without losing parts. I recall someone reporting getting the first notch of flaps at 380? Anyway, I dont think anything is really different with the FMs except the weight/ordnance thing.

dstar- in game
100th FBG the "HAZE"
CH Controls

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:16 pm 

Hey Thor-

It was me that reported compress over 32 on our 2nd mission of the night.
Didn't recover until about 500' agl. Whew!
I too don't remember it locking up so easily. Took serious note of it though.
Will know better next time.

Swanee

Swanee
----------------------------------------
There are 2 kinds of people in this world...
Fighter pilots – and those that wish they were.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:14 am 

Not since the K-4 mit Rüstsätze IV (no not a mis-spelling) have the 109s been altered in any way IIRC in WB.

That said it is interesting to note that speed trials were conducted with F-2's in January-March of '43 for this exact kind of problem. Lukas Schmid was able to hit 850-890 kph TAS and pull out with help of the horizontal stabilizer trim. Ever wonder what that wheel was by the flaps? The whole stab moved, the fixed tabs were for trim at cruise speed. It was said somewhere that the 109 was not trimmable because of these fixed tabs...

It was discovered that the grease on the stab jacks would freeze, not allowing the horizontal stab to move. It was also postulated that because the 109 would "canoe" at these speeds, the average pilot would compensate with aileron instead of rudder, exacerbating the problem and becoming lawn darts.

A new grease administered and birth of the tall tail and the problem became manageable. Worth discussing FM implications when the time arises.

In the mean time I've always came in about 10,000ft, pop 10 degrees of flaps and retard the throttle. Let loose around 5k and pull out. Works so far.

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:34 am 

Yes the G2 will compress in a dive. I've been a lawn dart in the main many times. I use a lot of manual vator trim at high speeds. FM feels about same to me.

I follow Zinhawk's advice; pop 1 notch flaps, cut throt in dive, and drop ord high.

Oskar

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ]