Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:00 am 

Looboy, Zinhwk, Zikker and McCpot launched from Field 40, headed south, in search of the Yankee Carriers. Freighters were spotted at 5,1,5 and reported in. One element went north while the second element continued east, both with no joy on carriers. One single hostile spotted by zinhwk and mcpot but they left it behind to reform and head back to 5,1,5 to cover the Knights' endevour to sink shipping. After watching the total devastation and burning oil slicks on the high seas we provided high cover to the Knights just short of F40. We RTB to the south CV group to refill both fuel tanks and canteens.

Sortie 2: We launched from the CV inbound to F50 initially then diverted to F33 which was alarm red due to several feral Cats in the area. With the strong smell of dander and litter we located many cats crossing the slot trying to rtb. With much altitude advantage we confidently made gun runs on the pride of cats. As stated in many Frame 1 AARs, the 20mm cannon on the A6M3 did not perform well, or at all. My first gun run I hit a F4F from the left wing to the right and no parts departed. The second gun run from stem to stern and no damage to the #2 tough feline. The 3rd gun run with a 2 second burst to the empennage and still no damage to the 3rd enemy plane. I witnessed zinhwk put several rounds in an aircraft that was following me in an accent, getting so close that the collision bubble came into play and still no damage. Yes, Grumman made a stout aircraft that had good armor but this is bordering on a real in game problem.

Our Alt advantage was eroded and as a result we lost mcpot, looboy to 50cal fire and zinhwk in a collision.

A great plan by Sakei! Very well thought out sir. A good opener to a fun new map!

Launched 8x

Recovered 5x

2 pliots killed 1 bailed

absolutely no recorded victories. :evil:

<S

Hptm Looboy
Gruppenkommadeur II./JG 77
http://www.fly-jg77.com

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ]