Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: MOB Fr. 4 AAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:07 pm 

Thank you to Besea for allowing me to fly his Me-262 Schwalbe. Unfortunately, I did not get to utilize it to its full potential due to what I believe was a weird glitch.

I upped a minute or so after the rest of the 262 squadron and flew West to scout for approaching bomber groups. Cruising at 9000m (≈30,000') at 70% throttle, one needs to use the "zero trim" feature (Shift + G) from time to time to minimize rolling side to side caused by auto-trim over compensating.

After flying around Field 38, contacts were reported near Field 68 heading in the general direction of Berlin. I vectored for an intercept and quickly spotted large groups of bombers at 8,000m - 9,000m (≈25,000' - 30,000'). I went to full throttle and climbed to 9,800m to fly over the groups with the intent to roll back and commence HO attacks. But, when I was flying over the bombers (with no distance to target icons showing) I heard two hits and my aircraft exploded. I thought that perhaps a Mustang had dove down onto me. No. In the buffer it said I suffered a "Maneuver Kill" from a bomber. At 9,800m. Outside of ID range. Whatever. Bummer was credited with the kill. Seems appropriate.

Next flight I took an Me-163B Komet from Field 94 and headed to the buff group. I made a HO run and a trailing run on the bombers and headed back to Berlin. Was jumped by multiple Mustangs and went into a steep dive and reached airspeeds in excess of 800 kph (≈500 mph) and observed one of them rip his wings off. (Nothing mentioned in the buffer.) The others broke off from the dive as I headed back to Berlin. I was mostly gliding as I had less than 20 liters of fuel when Juice somehow spotted me and with only a couple of hits blew the left wing off of my Komet.

I then took off with a Bf-109K-4/RIV and located a buff group of three which I made a trailing pass at before a Mustang jumped me and relieved my aircraft of its flaps. I went into a dive and watched him rip his wings off. (Again, nothing in the buffer.) I landed at Field 93 which only had the Me-262 and Me-163B available so I was done for the night.

The night was fun for the most part, but the nonsensical "Maneuver Kill" at 32,000 feet was irritating.

<S>

Nick

"Tod von Oben"

Post subject: Re: MOB Fr. 4 AAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:51 pm 

Oddly enough I had the same issue with bummer. I was attacking in a 163 and suffered a PK (aircraft exploded) at D6 or so. I thought it was Otto, but the buffer credited a bummer with a maneuver kill. I didn't think I had over G'd as I had been lining up a shot.

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ]