Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:57 am 

Don't know if the Allies are going to follow the plan for the frame but here is Newest intel from the Janitors:

JAPANESE INTELLIGENCE MEMO SEPT 1943 <<REVISED>>

Our patrol planes now report: Shipping (possible Enterprise) was south and west of Cape St. George. I can't confirm that heading now as it was a couple days old. Janitor says they would have to turn off that heading (300ยบ) and turn to the south and to New Guinea. Janitor is estimating somewhere maybe in the 11, 8 grid now.

S3 Janitor will send a screen shot of the location of our two carrier groups. ( I'll post it when I get it ) One will be west off Rabaul and other covering the area north of the Dampier Straights

Allied CV aircraft: F4F-3, they lose the P38-F as an airframe. Same points as P38-F. Of course the TBD-1 can come off the carrier too.

<<<END Revision>>>

TO COMMANDERS RABAUL:

***<OLD Intel follows>***

ALLIED AGGRESSIVE ACTIVITY NORTH OF BUNA HAS SLOWED. THANKS TO OUR SUCCESSFUL CONVOY MISSIONS OUR BASES IN NORTHERN NEW GUINEA ARE READY TO BEGIN A NEW ASSAULT.

PATROL PLANES OUT OF RABAUL SPOTTED A LARGE GROUP OF SHIPS HEADING 300 DEG. SPEED 25 KTS. AND APPROX. 50 MILES SOUTHWEST OF RABAUL. LOW CLOUDS AND RAIN MADE DETERMINATION OF NUMBERS AND EXACT TYPES OF SHIPS IMPOSSIBLE. HOWEVER, ONE PATROL PLANE CONFIRMED WHAT HE BELIEVED TO BE A YORKTOWN CLASS CARRIER. IT COULD BE THE AMERICAN CARRIER ENTERPRISE.

BE ADVICED THAT INCREASED ALLIED NAVAL OPERATIONS NEAR BOUGAINVILLE ISLAND HAS INCREASED IN THE LAST WEEK. IJN COMMAND BELIEVES ALLIED NAVAL PLANS MAY INCLUDE AGGRESSIVE ACTION IN THE RABAUL AREA.

HAVE YOUR COMMANDERS USE GOOD JUDGEMENT.

Last edited by split on Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:45 am 

The reports from our scouts seems to put at least 1 Allied Task Force on land in New Britain i.e. 50 miles SW of Rabaul.
Either our pilots were drunk when debriefed or the transmission was scrambled.

Asking our superiors to check the intel and resend last transmission.

<S>

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ]