Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Frame 2 aar
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:30 pm 

Battle was supposed to be a Milne Bay event.
23rd rolled 4 heavies and along with scort flew the radar hole south then east to Milne Bay area, meeting no opposition. OUr Cv was north and we bombed and scort went to cv to conduct operations from there.
We closed the 2 ports there 106/104 and later 102. Flew succeeding missions to hit 105 and came within a hair of closing it by end of frame. Hampered by lack of strikers, and a very long flight time from buna to bring heavies to Milne Bay.....each round trip mission taking an hour....managed 3 missions to Milne Bay however.
Tks 352 for guarding the CV so well and others for screening some of our fields up north.
Allies closed 1 small place and field 79 along with severl vehicles and transports.
Couldn't spare a scout force to find thier ships with a full out strike on Milne Bay.
I am guessing that our invasion force at Milne Bay gave greens fits shooting at them as they rolled...war is hell.
Don't think we outscored them this frame...just my feeling.
I predict it gonna get harder in succeeding frames as allies bring in their heavies
May have to go bomber defensive and aggressive with ship finding as Easy ground targets have dried up.

Post subject: Re: Frame 2 aar
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:56 pm 

I don't believe any of our ground troops made it to Milne Bay. Atleast I saw none when I was trying to strafe down that last hard ammo at 105.

Post subject: Re: Frame 2 aar
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:29 am 

WE had vehicles shooting at planes taking off there. I believe they bitched about it, and thats when the cv disappeared and restarted when they probably made the invasion force go away.....not sure how to feel bout it, but i believe thats how it went down.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ]