Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:50 pm 

~S~ Short and sweet

I will assign each group with one TAC field to 'close'.

Prior to Frame 1, I flew around the S3 arena and destroy multiple targets with the varying ordnance on the FockeWulfs.

Details and possible intel images forthcoming later in the week.

I suggest practicing a bit on ord drops and the feel of the planes and ack.

~S~

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:10 pm 

In Frame 1 I lifted with the FW190F8 and carried the required ordinance on my way to 23/26 prior to diverting to 48.

Instead of dropping ordinance on an empty field, I dropped it on an enemy field and was rocked by ack while up at 6500 meters. (By rocked, I mean the plane shook and I heard the sound of the plane getting hit; no parts or pieces came off.) I brought the nose down 90 degrees and dropped the ordinance immediately as I was getting pummeled by AAA.

Be advised, the field AAA can be brutal.

I don't believe I hit anything from that altitude.

<S>

Nick

"Tod von Oben"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:53 am 

Couple thoughts on TAC fields...

Reminder, straight from jabo in my questions thread:
"Most of this needs the second update to the terrain. It wont happen until next week. Until then tac fields are tough to close."

We'll have to see how the update affects the TAC fields. It appears they will be easier than now possible.

and this:
"All tac fields are fixed and will be individual fields with the next terrain update next week."

Sure hope we don't have to wait until Saturday night to get the update to figure out what has *really* changed.
<EDIT> There is an update as of Wed night.
<S>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

You should have the new terrain in the latest update. I just got it in on time I think.

I would not bother trying to close an entire tac field with all its spawn points. It is much easier now but still difficult. Pinpoint the transport, bridge and boat locations. They score you mission points as well as plus minus individual points. For Frame 2 the bridge, boats and transport at T36 and the airfield G114 are begging to be hit. That being said I am sure the Allies will have Spit XIVs all over it. So maybe the transport and G119 in the south area may be a better late frame attack.

The one industry target that may be viable for a group FW190F8 attack is the Antwerp port. It now has static ships for additional mission points and all the buildings are all on the main port base close together.

You will need to give me a heads up on your attack so I can see if the target in question is down. Things dont close in the ETO for some reason.

Flak will be tougher up high and easier down low. Almost all the ETO targets had 6-8 MGs scattered about and very little heavier stuff. Thinking the arena may be overloaded with all these guns tracking I have removed most of them and replaced them with fewer but deadlier 20, 40 and 88s.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:17 pm 

Ugh...just got back into the vLife from rLife.

I'll have the write up ready today.

~S~

Jabo - Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:14 pm 

jabo wrote:
Flak will be tougher up high and easier down low. Almost all the ETO targets had 6-8 MGs scattered about and very little heavier stuff. Thinking the arena may be overloaded with all these guns tracking I have removed most of them and replaced them with fewer but deadlier 20, 40 and 88s.
If the current arena settings are the settings we will use in the S3, I call shenanigans.

Just performed online testing. Someone was flying Allied and was getting PK'd by AAA at 3500' and I was flying LW and getting PK'd at 1500'. Direct hits each time.

To anyone wanting to hit enemy targets: be advised, the Ack is brutally accurate. The AAA may not score closing points, but it may need to be silenced before attempting a large scale attack.

<S>

Nick

"Tod von Oben"

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ]