Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:18 am 
Site Admin

Think mspiro has started organizing the fields for NG. The terrain you have just has some placeholders in the areas he wanted levelled off. HE is a sticklier for the field layouts so these maps are a good reference.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:13 am 

Yes those maps are good, and added to stuff you can find on Pacific Wrecks give a good idea of how the field should look. Everythng has to be filtered through the limitations of the game itself though. Sometimes you can come across the odd picture or map that someone has scanned and uploaded. Jugggo found some larger versions of the Pacific Wrecks'. I found some pages that showed ack placements along with the airstrips. Its a treasure hunt.
I'm trying to figure out ways to depict land troops as tactical targets. Tanks are a problem as we don't have light tanks to use for IJ bases. I'm trying arty as targets as well as tents, etc. Any ideas on that score would be appreciated.
I think some reseach into CBI would be good. It would be nice to try to redo the old CBI terrain from 2.77.

TAINAN KAIGUN KOKUTAI
"When I drive a car on an express way, sometimes I measure the distance to another car about 50 meters in front of me, thinking that oh, the shooting would be deadly."
Toshio Hijikata: Genzan/203 Ku Reisen pilot 2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:35 pm 
Site Admin

I used the M3 as a weapon class to represent those light tanks, the PxKwIVD would not be to out of place to represent the best IJA tanks. I also added the M16 as a weapon class but it of course cant fire. Field arty is arty0 class and heavier arty goes up to arty1 and arty2 class. I just used the arty2 class for heavy coastal arty(200m+) I made heavy use of bunkers using the pillbox from Midway as well as the ammo dumps from Randolph. Japanese bunkers were notoriously hard to destroy and hard to spot from the air.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2