Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 4th FG
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:34 am 

It has come to my attention that there is some upset in the S 3 community over the 4th Fg .
Funny, since it wasn't directed to me or my XO light, but to a member of the 4th. Who incidently
is the CEO of Warbirds, but has no Co rank in the FG.
Please if there is a problem with us, it should come though me or my XO and we can discuss it/

pappyb
CO 4th FG
http://echoesmarketing.com/4thfg/

Post subject: Re: 4th FG
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:16 pm 

Pappy/Light

Just can't let the cat half out of the bag ;) no names should be mentioned but maybes little background of the situation?

<{S}>

Jugggo
中佐
Chūsa
Commander
Tainan Kokutai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:25 pm 

I am sad to announce that Bill Stealey (Wild Bill) has resigned from the 4th Fg. Bill has been a great 4thmen and we will sorely miss flying missions with him during the S3.

It has come to the 4th Fg's attention that other squads in the Warbirds and S3 Community felt that the 4th Fg was receiving preferential treatment because Bill is President and CEO of IEN/Warbirds. I can assure you all that is not the case and has never been. He has always been just one of the guys.

Hopefully this will put to rest any concerns about this issue moving forward and will allow Bill to be neutral to Warbirds and the S3 community.

I toss out the idea of Bill flying with a different squad each week or series during the S3 and anyone that kills Bill gets a free month of Warbirds. I'll leave that up to Bill

Just remeber Bill. Once a 4thmen always a 4thmen. We wish you the best sir.

Kind Regards......-light XO 4th Fg

-light
XO 4th Fg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:31 pm 

Jugggo wrote:
Pappy/Light

Just can't let the cat half out of the bag ;) no names should be mentioned but maybes little background of the situation?

<{S}>

Juggo,

Unfortunately Pappy and I have not been contacted about what the actual issue really is. I have an idea but hate to speculate. So if someone or squad has an issue with the 4th Fg please bring it to our attention on the CO Forum so we can work it out.

Pappy and I think this is the best place to do this.

~S~ -light

-light
XO 4th Fg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:39 pm 

Sorry to hear this news.

Never heard anyone complain about the 4th getting special treatment over it. Hopefully it will just be a short phase and Bill can get back to flying with you guys.

If you talk to him let him know that the 23rd will not let him fly with us. Our death rate is already too high! :P

If you hear of the 23rd being a part of this issue just let Hitman know and he will take care of it.

Salute

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:46 pm 

FWIW, as a flight planner, I have always found the 4th to be able allies and formidable foes. The Command Staff is friendly, cooperative and participates in planning. S3 wise, one can't ask for more than that. <S> 4th.

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:27 pm 

Pappy - I think you should come forward with full comments and names. In this private forum we should be able to air out the concerns of the accusing party(ies) while keeping things civil and productive.

I think it is a great thing that the owner, CEO of our beloved game plays the S3s - the pinnacle of scenarios in this genre - and is not hiding behind a pseudonym to do so. Not once have I ever thought he or the 4th were playing with an advantage.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:47 pm 

I thank you all for your replies. However, I cannot reach a conclusion, or decision if I don't know what the problem is.
I have always thought the community as a whole got along well together.
As I understand it, the bone of contention is the fact that the 4th, for longer than i've been in the game,
has always flown Allied in S 3 series.
From inception, the 4th has had an agreement with the Original 4th FG of WW2 to only fly their a/c in the S 3 series.
It was my understanding when I joined the Group, that this was what was expected and is the biggest reason we
have the people we have in the group. We all joined because we wanted to fly US iron.
If this is the problem, then I apolligize to all, but cannot/will not ask my guys to switch sides unless I can get a
release from this restriction from the 4th FG Association, with whom I have been in contact these last few days.

pappyb
CO 4th FG
http://echoesmarketing.com/4thfg/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:05 pm 

I for one have never thought you guys got any preferential treatment because of Bill. However, I have heard grumblings about your squad not having to fly Axis. I have also agreed with these grumblings. Again I have never put that on Bill being in your squad. I know for awhile some other squads did not switch either.

There are not a lot of squads around these days and to have a large squad like the 4th always on one side leaves the balance a bit off. We are left with a couple of squads seemingly always fighting each other. It gets stale.

Please understand that I for one do not hold Bill responsible so if this is the reason he left then he should return to flying with the 4th.

As far as you guys switching sides goes, my position is that you all should fly both sides.

Salute

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:26 pm 

I thought this was about an issue brought up that focused on Bill, not the age old question of the 4th flying Allied.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next