Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: WWII Concensus
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:16 pm 

If you are not a CO do not vote (IE: I am not a CO so I don't get a vote either)
Just vote yes or no without an explanation to each suggestion. If you want to add something, number it and add to the bottom of the list. I will be sending the concensus to Wldbil on Monday.

1)The Main should not be changed.

2)Password Protect WWII with the option to change the PW as needed. I believe the squads can police the arena for gate crashers.

3)Squads only. Guests may fly with a squad, but may not fly rogue flights. Nobody will be turned down as long as they agree to the rules of the arena.

4)Mirror the S3 settings.

5)No kill shooter.

6)No aircraft dar inflight. Dar is limited to twr and GCI. Twr dar also limited in scope, GCI should have blind spots.

7)Reduced ground vehicle use or none at all.

8)Squads will rotate axis/ally weekly or as many times as CO's see fit.

9)Squads will monitor inappropriate buffer usage and discipline members internally. If members continue to misuse buffer, they will be placed on a 24 hour arena ban.

10)Each Squad will need someone to have basic permissions in that arena (trainer or CM if they have one, CO or designated Rep if CO doesn't fly enough to warrant having them).

11)Should be able to enable/disable field use.

12)Should be able to enable/disable plane use.

13)Respawn time of pilots should be adjustable. A dead pilot may have to wait an undetermined amount of time before he/she can respawn.

14)Should be able to "remove" someone from the arena if they are not "conforming to the rules" and they don't have a CO to prohibit such behavior.

15)Everything else needs to be in the hands of CM's to prevent screwing things up from inexperience.

Lt Col Kelly "Screaming Alpha"
Virtual 4th Fighter Group

Post subject: Re: WWII Concensus
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:50 pm 

How and where can we vote?

pappyb
CO 4th FG
http://echoesmarketing.com/4thfg/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:11 pm 

pappyb wrote:
How and where can we vote?

You can either "quote" my post and add yes or no in the space beneath the suggestion. Or you can, just post numbers 1 - 15 with a yes or no.

By now, most CO's should have discussed the arena with their squads/groups and know where they stand. In fairness, if you haven't done so already, you should take this list to your members and get them to vote on the issues and then you reflect their majority vote. I would wait until Sunday to cast your votes in the event a new suggestions is added to the list. The suggestions are just the stepping stone and may not necessarily prove practical. So nothing is written in stone, the CO's may and should make changes as the need arises. For instance you can vote no on the PW protection, but later decide that you need it after all. Also, rules of the arena have to be established and posted to the squads so that all will understand what is expected. I realize that some of the suggestions are actually rules and not necessarily what Wldbil needs for setting up the arena, but we have to start somewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:34 pm 

1-9: YES

10-14: NO

15: YES

10-14: My reasoning comes from a CM standpoint. It is very difficult sometimes to figure out some of the settings. Permissions are either all or none with the exception of the GOD level. Trainers have the same permission levels as a basic CM. That gives them access to many areas of the arena and WB. They have also been trained on the basics of what they can touch and the things they should not touch. We have experienced problems in the past with people who "want to see what this does" have that messed up the arena. You cannot just give permissions without a training course. Keeping the arena straight with a few CMs is hard enough. Adding 10 more untrained people would be a nightmare.

My suggestion would be to try it first with those who already have permissions (trainers and CMs) and see if there are enough who can accomodate any changes that need to be made.

Also for the initial setup that only a trained CM (not a trainer) be charged with this and a single Point of Contact (POC) be directed. (preferably a CM) We have a few trainees that could probably take this on and keep daily tabs on it. Of course a backup would also need to be identified.

I don't think Sleepy needs the extra work other than to give direction.

Sorry for the dialog but I did not take part in the other discussion.

Salute

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:14 pm 

Edit: took a better look at our pilots consensus........
yes to all, with exception of #13...spawn time delay

All taken from consensus of (Virtual)4th FG.

pappyb
CO 4th FG

Last edited by pappyb on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:50 pm 

1-9 Yes
10-14 No
15-yes

Similar reasons as Chunky

Only question is on inflight DAR, yes if you still have location & direction of your aircraft via arrow when you view the map.
NO if your map is totally blank of your icon location.

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:48 pm 

The lack of participation by the squad CO's is disappointing. We will just have to go with the votes he do have.

Options 1-9 and 15 have been approved and will be tasked to Ien and Wldbil.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:08 pm 

1 yes
2. useless gesture
3.unless cm is on duty, you cannot control it
4. easy enough
5.yes
6.can do, but I suggest the donut dar that is set up there now. The minunum limit can be made larger so that at least you got a 10 sec sweep that points you in the general direction but when y ou get within (currently 2 miles) there is no radar and you have to id the dots. I suggest this so you aint roaming around for 20 min just to find someone.
7.I question the usefulness or reasons for this
8 sure
9 Idealistic and good luck with my full support
10 no
11. no
12. no
13 you really think that is wise, it can be done but.....got another file to write to do that
14.no
15 it is now
Just my opinion as a player who wouldn't mind joining in the fun, as well as some practical advice from a cm who been watching this for .......a while.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:09 am 

Thanks sleepy for your input......it IS appreciated.

pappyb
CO 4th FG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:54 am 

1)The Main should not be changed. Doesn't matter about the main... This is about the W2

2)Password Protect WWII with the option to change the PW as needed. I believe the squads can police the arena for gate crashers. I disagree, How will they get in unless I give it out and then they give it out and so on and so on etc. etc.

3)Squads only. Guests may fly with a squad, but may not fly rogue flights. Nobody will be turned down as long as they agree to the rules of the arena. Disagree, Make the arena public so people from around the globe can enjoy the settings if they so choose.

4)Mirror the S3 settings. Yes

5)No kill shooter. Agreed.

6)No aircraft dar inflight. Dar is limited to twr and GCI. Twr dar also limited in scope, GCI should have blind spots. I wouldn't mind donut dar. The W2 will not always be populated like a Sunday night S3.

7)Reduced ground vehicle use or none at all. I would allow it but make trails more visible if there is movement from them.

8)Squads will rotate axis/ally weekly or as many times as CO's see fit. This is possible and I don't mind it, I do prefer the axis rides though.

9)Squads will monitor inappropriate buffer usage and discipline members internally. If members continue to misuse buffer, they will be placed on a 24 hour arena ban. Not Squads ... The CO's should control the individual in its squad. After a couple noted warnings ban them from the arena or from the squad.

10)Each Squad will need someone to have basic permissions in that arena (trainer or CM if they have one, CO or designated Rep if CO doesn't fly enough to warrant having them). No... mimick the S3 with unlimited lives and maybe a delay after a death.

11)Should be able to enable/disable field use. No .. Close the field then it can't be used. Easy enough already.

12)Should be able to enable/disable plane use. No.

13)Respawn time of pilots should be adjustable. A dead pilot may have to wait an undetermined amount of time before he/she can respawn. Yes, but only about a minute.

14)Should be able to "remove" someone from the arena if they are not "conforming to the rules" and they don't have a CO to prohibit such behavior. No.

15)Everything else needs to be in the hands of CM's to prevent screwing things up from inexperience. Correct. But I am willing to learn on a temporary basis.

<S>

Doc
@doctrdart

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next