View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Some Ideas.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:15 pm 

Gents,

As CO's and XO's I'd like to bring up one of the issues that seem to be taking away from the S3s. Every Frame you will see the buffer light up with people needing another life due to stick malfunction or some other mistake. I say mistake because most of these issues are failure to prepare. As Commands we should monitor our people and limit this whole asking for rerolls and only have CO or XO or designated person request from Jabo. Also we should as leadership all agree and up hold this tradition of the S3. Maybe allow 1 per series to a pilot in your command to request. For those that have been around for awhile will remember how it used to be. People did not try and HO or do really dumb Main Arena Stuff. Pilots paid more attention to their settings prior to frame and practiced landings and takeoffs. I would like to see what you guys think and lets put together some leadership rules to maintain and help Jabo enforce S3 Rules.

V/R

Commanding Officer
23rd Fighter Group

Hitman

Post subject: Re: Some Ideas.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:13 pm 

Agreed. We've moved to only allowing it after the first roll of the night.

We do occasionally have someone that for whatever reason has a stick malfunction while in-flight. If it is bad enough I've asked Jabo to boot them from flight which should then allow them to re-roll with no Jabo intervention as long as they haven't been pinged.

Bottom line, I am far more strict with allowing re-roll requests than I have been in the past, and will reinforce the need to make sure their equipment is operational prior to takeoff.

<S>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:18 pm 

I think you have something here. I have seen the rules lax up a bit but do know what stick problems can be real and here is where the honor system comes in. If it does happen, then only allowing 1 freebie would be in order.

Also, I have seen a squad accidentally frag his squad while OTR. True it was a mistake, but they all got a reset set which I thought wasn't fair. I think we need to define what is allowed and what isn't and a good discussion would be welcomed.

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:21 pm 

I have flown 301 Frames in the new version of Warbirds and I have had 1 stick malfunction. For some reason, I went into the main and everything was okay, but when I went into the S3, my Throttle was assigned to every command.

Stick malfunctions should only be considered during the first flight.

As for someone dropping a bomb while OTR, the rest of the squad should get reset, but the dropper is done for the night (unless it is his first frame, don't want to discourage a newbie for a mistake and get booted for the night)

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:17 pm 

Same thing happen to me and now I can't get my rudders to stay centered.

Something is wrong here for sure.

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]