All times are UTC

New Topic Locked  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:56 pm 

Chunky wrote:
Gee Tod, I am sure we as a Community of adults (although I question this sometimes) could figure it out. Get off your horse man. Your voice is no more important than any other CO here. This is a discussion. If there are 150 who want the change and only your 25 pilots who don't then guess what?

I say go ahead with the survey if you feel the need to do so. However, what happens if you get a pile of people who vote to change the time and day then show up for the first frame and don't like it or don't show up at all? It is a lot easier to get people to respond to a survey than get them to sincerely commit to attending an event regularly. So let's be careful what we wish for here. We may end up cutting out quite a few of the people who are currently dedicated to the S3s. I can guarantee it will put me out of them from September through January. Then there are the week end trips that my wife and I take and always make it home in time for the event. Then there is the work around my house on week ends and the list goes on.

If we do the survey I believe it needs to indicate how many new players would show up but it also needs to reflect how many of us old timers would end up having to or choosing to bail out of the S3s or lower their participation rate. I really do believe that the long term participants should have a more heavily weighted say in this thing. We have carried it for many years now and will probably do so for many more if things continue to improve. Remember the bird in the hand saying. This could easily end up being not so good for the community and IEN.

<S>

Oberst Briar

JG51 XO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:43 pm 

Think you missed my point briar.

I already stated that I do not want to change. I am not the one advocating for the change. I am also of the opinion that if there are those who wish to discuss it that we should listen and respect those opinions as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:13 pm 

Chunky wrote:
Gee Tod, I am sure we as a Community of adults (although I question this sometimes) could figure it out. Get off your horse man. Your voice is no more important than any other CO here. This is a discussion. If there are 150 who want the change and only your 25 pilots who don't then guess what?

As an obvious voice of reason and community uniter over the years, I nominate you and Darryl to lead the search. Please note I said nominate, not appoint. What do you say Chunky? I think you'd be perfect for the job. You can leave me completely out of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:23 pm 

Quote:
As an obvious voice of reason and community uniter over the years, I nominate you and Darryl to lead the search. Please note I said nominate, not appoint. What do you say Chunky? I think you'd be perfect for the job. You can leave me completely out of it.

Oh gee Tod, thanks buddy.

You obviously did not read my posts other than to find the gems you like to quote.

Your nomination is hereby declined as I have stated before, I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE CURRENT DAY OR TIME. Thanks for the confidence in me though. Your nomination warmed my heart.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:49 pm 

You've also stated quite emphatically that there should be a vote. With Darryl on the "let's change it" side and you on the other, that is precisely why I think you would be perfect for the job.

At least give an opinion on how you feel the voting should take place. By squad? Does squad size matter? By individual pilot? Does tenure in the S3's count towards anything? On the S3 boards only or open it up on the iEN forums? Does Jabo have a say? If everyone has an equal say, do we ask on the Aces High board to see if anyone would come back if we change it?

These are important questions that need to be answered if we're going to proceed. I want to make sure you don't feel I am suppressing your or anyone else's opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:05 pm 

Chunky wrote:
Think you missed my point briar.

I already stated that I do not want to change. I am not the one advocating for the change. I am also of the opinion that if there are those who wish to discuss it that we should listen and respect those opinions as well.

And you mine. I'm stating my opinion here to the group and I don't recall stating what I thought you were advocating. However, you did call on us to speculate as to what the result would be if 150 people wanted the change and 25 didn't so I guess I sort of assumed that you were leaning towards doing the survey. My bad, maybe.

<S>

Oberst Briar

JG51 XO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:33 am 

Just read this thread, I don't think any change of over 1/2 hour would work. As has been stated, many people have their Sundays scheduled around the current S3 time.

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:56 am 

I think you guys have gotten carried away by all this talk of voting and surveys.

Simply a harmless "feasibility study" to find out what issues and factors might affect the existing players (both east and west coast) if the time was brought forward by several hours.

No need to be threatened by the discussion.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:22 pm 

Briar that was for the "all mighty" Todzilla. Sorry if you took that as a quest for input on that scenario. <S>

Tod you really need to get off your horse brother.

Nowhere in any of my posts did I emphatically state that there should be a vote. I did state that we should listen and give input and not make this kind of statement:

Quote:
Survey away and let us know what you call the new event. The S3's will be from 5:30 - 8:30 Pacific time, as they have for the last 15 years.

Just so you don't have to scroll back to try and find my emphatic plea for a vote here is my first post on the subject:

Quote:
I agree with your points before this statement and the following is just to clarify what the S3 has always been about. I don't think you alone have the right to make the above statement as the S3s are for the players by the players. It is also called the Squad Select Series because it consists of more than one Squadron. This is not the Todzilla Select Series. If the Community decides as a group AND the Janitors can accomodate their requests for a time/day change then YOU can call your 5:30 - 8:30 Pacific time event whatever you want because the S3 day/time will change. Just sayin.

Again I do not want to move the day/time for the exact reaons you point out amoung others statements as well.

I never said that there "should" or even needed to be a survey. I only stated that if there are those who want to discuss it that we should not try and use our "tenure" and "all mighty supreme" commander status to try and intimidate them.

I also see in the very first sentence that I was agreeing with your statements as to why it should not change.

So where did I "quite emphatically" state there "should be" a vote?
Where is the post about how much I support Darryl and his quest to "change it"?

My post was entirely about YOU acting like some sort of "supreme overlord" of the S3 and that no matter what anyone else stated the S3 would stay where and when it was. Anyone misunderstand the focus of my posts? IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHANGING THE S3 DAY/TIME. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE HORSESHIT ATTITUDE OF SUPREMACY THAT TODZILLA IS DISPLAYING.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:11 pm 

No problem Chunky.

<S>

Oberst Briar

JG51 XO

Search for:
New Topic Locked  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next