View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:15 am 

Should we somewhat attempt to coordinate the usage of skins during S3's? This S3 is a perfect example when it would be useful with the # of P-51B and 47-D-22 skins available, along with a variety of 109-G6/G6R6 & 190A-4 skins available.

For example, the 352nd should be the only ones using "Umbriago" & "West by Gawd Virginian".

The 4th should be the only ones using "The Deacon" and "Shangri La" (both the Default and the second version listed as PPV Shangri La).

Jg51 should be the only ones using the Jg51 190A-4 skin.

I would also propose that for the remaining skins that do no have a corresponding Warbirds counterpart, we should try to determine who uses which. For example, there are six different 47D-22 skins available with 4 different groups assigned to fly the 47D-22. I would propose that each group picks one and that is the skin they use for the duration of this S3. This would be less important but I still think it adds to the immersion of the S3. There are two remaining 51B skins and two groups (the 23rd and the Knights) that do not have a historical counterpart skin in their name. I would propose that the two groups pick one (either the RAF or RCAF) and fly that same one for every frame they have a 51B.

I know I am in the minority of feeling this is important, but for me it adds to the overall immersion. It also might inspire more people to submit additional skins for the game.

Speaking on my own here and about the S3's specifically (not the Main Arena) and not officially speaking on behalf of the 352nd.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:04 pm 

We always fly a JG77 skin, when available, for the very reasons you stated. If not, we'll pick a skin with the best camouflage for the map (yes, it sometimes makes a difference) and is not associated with an active S3 squad. I agree, this sort of thing shouldn't be a top priority but does add significantly to the S3 experience. I think it'd be great if all the S3 squads had at least one skin in each of their historical rides.

Oblt zikker
Technischer Offizier
II./JG 77

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:30 pm 

When we fly, we try to pick a skin that is appropriate to the scenario. In the last series, we used Buna '42 for our aircraft (Japanese) as we were based at Buna in Frame 1 ;)

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:54 pm 

Anyone have the P38 skins from earlier warbirds versions?

Missing most all of them in the current game.

Dobs

Last edited by =dobs= on Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:24 pm 

They all have to be re-VFC'd (.vfc is the final file form for selectable skins) by iEN which I'm sure they have all the old ones. To be honest all the skins done pre WBIII look like absolute shit in terms of quality. Compare the default files with "PPV" ones.

Right now iEN controls the VFC encryption so any skin submitted has to wait on them and I'm tired of waiting.

This thread is the whole reason I started making skins so there was a complete set of unique numbered skins for the squad to use. The historically backed up criteria is a little limiting though as there are few pictures of JG 77 a/c so while I have a very good idea what each numbered skin should look like it may very well not be even close to the actual.

I also had a vision where long time S3 a-historical units had some skin offerings that were unique to them and the description would notate it as S3 use.

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:47 am 

A player volunteer is converting skins to put into the updater. Sadly lately, RL has been interfering with his time. Been holding up the update for a while holding out that he may get some done.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:33 pm 

Hey Sleepy:

I guess you had to do updates without the new skins as your last post was 3 months ago. ;)

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:05 pm 

skinning crew getting cranked up now. Expect production to be ramped up

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm 

Great News

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:37 am 

Back to the original question, should we attempt to coordinate skins on a group by group basis within the S3's, especially when it makes sense?

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next