View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:47 pm 

Last S3 sucked for me after the 2014 update - or after we started operating in the Tokyo area!

When close to the ground my FPS dropped to something unplayable. Am I the only one with this problem?

All the other stuff I run runs ok, but these Japanese Terrain. Could it be the amount of ground objects?

Is it only me?

Sepua | 4th Fighter Group
MacBook Pro • Intel 2.66GHz i7 • 8GB DDR3 RAM • NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512MB • OS 10.8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:03 am 

Could be the game in that area overcame your machine. I really can't use my machine as a comparison as I run dual Nvidia 1.5 MG Video Cards :D

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:06 am 

Similar situation for me, Sep.

Mac Pro, quad 2.66 Intel Xeon, OS X 10.9, 12 GB of 1066 MHz DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:47 pm 

Attachment:
cpuhit.jpg
cpuhit.jpg [ 194.34 KiB | Viewed 7669 times ]
So, been running some "tests" while playing...and since it seems WB's is still only single process, it hammers your CPU. I'm running an I-7, 8 GB 23000 RAM, SLI Nvidia 6600 2GB cards on Win 8.

Here is the CPU load. You can see CPU 0 is getting hammered...

So in a high object environment, your CPU is getting loaded up...

If, when, they decide to hyper thread the game, we will see a huge increase in FPS IMO. I'm not a programmer, but I am a geek. Others with more experience feel free to weigh in with expertise..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:48 pm 

Salute!

Yep, the high number of objects can cause problems. Not just your machine's FE, but the increased data being sent by the main server.

In the really old days we had to fly large buff formations 20 miles apart, or we had disco city and warps and such, regardless of how cosmic your machine was. You could fly with a 9600 baud connection as long as you got two or three updates per second. Not anymore, and bandwidth hogs like Netflix are slowing up our connects to the main server in N. Carolina.

On the ACMCAM replay you can see folks that are way beyond what our S3 settings are for icons and such. So you are trying to file all those and they really don't have an effect on your tactic or whatever.

Only way I see is to have a special WB setting for the S3 that limits object recording and such to less than D5000 or even lower. Ground rendition still sucks for we buffs, as contrast is too low compared to what humans actualy can see in real planes.

Could be a complaint to WildBill's folks.

Gums opines...

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:46 pm 

=dobs= wrote:

Here is the CPU load. You can see CPU 0 is getting hammered...

So in a high object environment, your CPU is getting loaded up...

If, when, they decide to hyper thread the game, we will see a huge increase in FPS IMO. I'm not a programmer, but I am a geek. Others with more experience feel free to weigh in with expertise..

huh... I never thought about that. It makes a whole lotta sense now why WB will get clunky on me in large terrains, heavy fights, or rain, yet I could fly into a thunderstorm in FSX or have huge battles in more modern RTS's easy.

I run a quad-core AMD A-8 5500, nVidia 630 GT

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:52 pm 

I am thinking you want the graphics card to be doing all the work here? Not sure what CPU cores are trying to handle but I have no issues with a quad core i-5. Its because my
Graphix card is a beast: MSI R5770 Hawk Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16
and possibly even more important is the internet conexx ..
This is a setup i built 3 years ago i think?.this one discontinued but similar cards are about 150 now a days$
Another culprit is a crappy under powered power supply.

Im no expert but ive built a few gaming rigs.

dstar- in game
100th FBG the "HAZE"
CH Controls

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:03 pm 

timos wrote:
Another culprit is a crappy under powered power supply.

Im no expert but ive built a few gaming rigs.

Crappy power supply could be the culprit. I was looking at an Asus computer that looked sweet and was only $999. I was looking at the specs and it only had a 400W power supply. That seemed low so I went on the Asus site where it has a power supply guide. You input the computer data, cards, etc and it tells you the minimum Wattage and the recommended wattage. Using the exact same data it said the minimum was 500W with 650 being recommended :o . I sent a copy of the test to the Sales Support Department and asked if I could get the machine with the 650W power supply that their site recommended. They don't make a 650W but would put a 700W in and sell it to me for $2,199. :o That is because it would be a special order and not like the $999 which is mass produced. So you can see that they are selling computers that don't even meet the minimum that their site recommends :(

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:03 am 
Site Admin

I would test out the Sevastopol area of the crimea terrain. Its loaded with objects and roadtool sections.
Would be good to compare offline and online etc.
Clouds are enabled online and that often is cause for FPS complaints as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:06 am 

Could it be a MAC issue? I don't have any problems with FPS these days.

The only thing I remarked is that my pc doesn't like the trees so much in the Ardennes Terrain (lots of tree clutter there)

I use phenix_day effects (I don't like Zvezda FX)

My PC isn't anything that special
I5 CPU
8GB ram
1GB ATI card (5560 I think)

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next