Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:58 pm 

Salute!

Some recent missions have shown results that do not seem to agree with JABO's damage numbers for the bombs.

We already know that "dfuse" has problems with boats.

What got my attention was the effects of the 1,000 pound eggs versus the 1600 pound eggs. For some reason, it appears that 3 x 1000 is better than 2 x 1600, despite 200 pounds less and the accuracy of your delivery. Pic upon request.

The LW 1kg eggs seems to be the best - about 2200 pounds, right?

Could it be that we have the AP 2000 pounder loaded? It has a smaller radius than the basic 2000 pounder.

Here's what I mean. I tried like hell to pickle early and slightly right of the DAR. Even with a late pickle, the 3 x1000 got the job done. And look how close I was with the 2x1600:

Then a crappy drop with 3x1000:

Gums wants to know.....

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:59 pm 

Definitely looks like a problem. I would test except I would probably miss the base :D

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:55 pm 
Site Admin

All objects and weapons files should be the same as the MA. I am not sure if there is a published set for the MA settings yet.

I think there was an issue with the wrong files being loaded at the start of TWF.

The old S3 values dont apply anymore so blowing up stuff should be easier not harder just like the MA.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:00 am 

jabo wrote:
All objects and weapons files should be the same as the MA. I am not sure if there is a published set for the MA settings yet.

I think there was an issue with the wrong files being loaded at the start of TWF.

The old S3 values dont apply anymore so blowing up stuff should be easier not harder just like the MA.

The "MA" settings definitely were not present in Frame 1 of TWF. It's easy to figure it out....GVs died.
The MA seems to have a "Save the Whales" and "Save the Trackbirds" along with a "Join the Navy" program which almost always makes those objects "different" from the S3 arena.
IF there is a published damage criterion for objects, GVs or Whales in the MA, it is a closely-held secret. Folks know what they know exclusively from experience. "Past experience" sometimes varies weekly.
With MA settings, there will never again be large numbers of GVs killed in any Frame. Going after them is basically a useless task that gives very little yield for the effort expended.
IMHO switching to "MA" values in the S3s is, in the end, a really bad idea that "cheapens-up" the venerable S3 Events. Again, IMHO, it was implemented exclusively to stop the whining of those who did not wish to test aircraft guns and bombs against the targets presented in any one Series.
15 years of very close scores separating the "winners" and "losers" should indicate to participants that the Janitors had a really great handle on what it took to "even out" a Series. Why change that?
Again this is my opinion and is not, necessarily, supported by any other member of the 352nd Fighter Group (virtual).

Long time Wolf Maxim in regard to S3s: "If the Janitors can manage to keep both sides vociferously complaining that each is at a distinct disadvantage, they must be doing something right."

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]