Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Muzz's Madness Begins
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:45 pm 

As Jabo said almost six years ago, all good things must come to an end. After just over 25 years of simulated conflict, 139 different series and well over 600 evenings of air-to-air combat, it is time to draw a close to the Squadron Select Series. The size of the current player base and changes to the game format necessitated by that have taken us far from the S3 roots. It is time for a change.
It was a hell of a ride, both as a player, squad CO, frame CO and lately as the Head Janitor. <S> to you all, it was a blast.

That being said, I have not given up on running Sunday night events. I should, but perhaps I am just too stubborn or crazy to give up on my fellow players just yet. So, Muzz's Madness (MM) is born.
The events will be less rigorously codified that the S3 series. Fewer rules, simple objectives, fewer frames, while still trying to employ historical aircraft match-ups, but not necessarily in historical scenarios. I will also be running a few off the wall events, for example, bomber vs bomber combats.

Of significant note, I will not be assigning Squadrons or players to a specific side for these events. It will be up to the players to choose which side to fly on. This may result in very lop-sided combats, but I ask the players to self-regulate to balance the sides. While player participation under the umbrella of a squadron organization would still be preferred, participation of lone wolves will not be discouraged. Moreover, members of the same squadron may need to consider flying on opposite sides of the conflict for play balancing. However, I will leave that up to the players to decide.

Muzz's Madness #1, will start Sunday 14 January, 2024. I hope to see you there.

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ]