Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:40 am 

As an IT guy I am frequently upgrading hardware which means I have plenty of spare part laying around. Some usable, some not so much. In this case I have a decent Warbirds gaming rig for someone looking for something inexpensive. Here are the specs:

<<< System Summary >>>

> Mainboard : Dell 0CU409 (Dell Vostro 200)
> Chipset : Intel P31/P35
> Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3000 MHz Socket 775
> Physical Memory : 4096 MB (4 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
> Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GT 230
> Hard Disk : Western Digital WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 ATA Device (1000GB) --- Brand new HD, 64MB cache
> DVD-Rom Drive : Toshiba-Samsung CDRWDVD TS-H493B
> Network Card : Intel 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection
> Operating System : Windows 8.1 Pro Professional 6.02.9200 (64-bit)
> DirectX : Version 11.00, 9.0c

I have two primary stress tests/benchmarks for Warbirds. First go to Free Flight, Europe Map, Invulnerable/Unlimited Ammo, 22K air start over T27, P-51D with 1K lb bombs, 15 wingmen, Zvezda_MoreFX.

1. Look straight up @ 22K. Shouldn't be any clouds above, gives an indication of absolute best case frame rate. This system get 470 - 500 fps.
2. Shallow dive on the field and drop as many bombs as possible, flattening the field. Circle back and fly through the smoke. This is an indication of the absolute worst case frame rate. This system averages 50 fps in this situation with the game still playable.

It is close to end of the line as far as processor upgrades with no more socket 775 processors being made and few that were made that were faster. A down-the-road video card upgrade would also require a power supply upgrade as there are no PCI-E power connectors with the stock power supply.

Don't get it if you're also looking to play some of the latest first-person shooters, but for Warbirds and browsing the internet it is just fine.

Looking for $250 + shipping. Free delivery in the Seattle area.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ]