All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: WWII Arena
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:12 pm 

I am for a theater specific axis/allied split. 1 week map/tour rotations. No inflight radar. no color radar. Icons d5 or none at all.

I think changing anything about the Main Arena is a mistake. If you dont allow higher ranks to fly there you will alienate them. I fly weekend mornings with about 5-10 other guys. So half are captain and higher. You saying those 4-8 others will have to go to ww2? The rest can fly in Main? Bad idea. Let the main be the main , its barely populated as it is.

Let the ww2 arena be open to everyone. The guys that really just prefer to game the game are going to prefer the Main anyway. The only times the ww2 will be populated is on squad nights/peak times. Just like the s3 arena on sunday nights.

dstar- in game
100th FBG the "HAZE"
CH Controls

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:01 pm 

=vslp= wrote:
http://forum.totalsims.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12814
Now, how many of you did you say wanted perms to regulate the arena?

Good point! Glad I'm not making that decision.

Off Topic: We were in the WWII last night and noted that regardless of the side numbers, the rebuild rate of bases were locked at Red = 18min and Grns = 60min. Could we get them both locked at 60? Thanks.

Lt Col Kelly "Screaming Alpha"
Virtual 4th Fighter Group

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:29 pm 

And don't forget..don't do anything to the main..we are not trying to do anything here BUT change the WWII arena...leave the others alone...a lot easier on everyone that way, and options are available just like they have been. Those that prefer a more realistic setting will be in the WWII, if not enough players there they have the main as an option.

Wild Bill is spot on about hurting numbers if we start changing the main arena.....

Dobs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:42 pm 

I moved the concensus list to the CO forum for CO's to vote on.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:57 pm 

Another agreement on not changing the Main other than possibly renaming it as the wise young owl Zinhwk suggests. Limiting it to certain ranks is a bad idea IMO. The idea itself has merit but there should be yet another arena labeled "Newbies" or something similar that has rank limits.

Please do NOT touch the Main or restrict it in any way or this is going to blow up in our faces.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:18 pm 

Todzilla wrote:
Another agreement on not changing the Main other than possibly renaming it as the wise young owl Zinhwk suggests. Limiting it to certain ranks is a bad idea IMO. The idea itself has merit but there should be yet another arena labeled "Newbies" or something similar that has rank limits.

Please do NOT touch the Main or restrict it in any way or this is going to blow up in our faces.

I wouldn't touch the Main. It is a good arena just the way it is.
As far as new names for the arena, lets not call it "newbies" LOL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:10 pm 

I would prefer a less complex approach too, however we wouldn't be considering this if people just listened to words. Simply changing the settings to S3 style but doing nothing about game play is not going to change much I'm afraid. If the arena naturally railroads all players to mission based playing, less active moderation would be necessary.

I would rather have a more dynamic interactive war environment utilizing all aspects of airpower. If WW2 arena simply becomes a PW locked furball clubhouse I'll just stay in the main.

My final two cents.

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:20 pm 

Since next series is Tunisia....let's start with rhat map eh?
edit: also, please fix the rebuild times in WWII arena(60 minutes for all fields).

pappyb
CO 4th FG
http://echoesmarketing.com/4thfg/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:59 am 

I think I got the rebuild times squared away. Lemme know if its not.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:14 pm 

Boy I love to see interest in the WWII arena resurrection again.

I use to love the no inflight dar requirement. No WWII fighters had radar to I.D. other planes. It adds greater degree of realism to the arena. Exception night interceptors then very limited. Almost all radar control was from ground control.
The inflight dar also gives unfair advantage to Ground vehicles (which I am in favor of. Ground vehicles I mean.) to respond to every little attack by fighters who flew sometimes 15 or 20 minutes to penetrate to a target only to meet an M16 ready to count an unearned kill having launched in the last 30 seconds.

I loved the theater specific planes. Though it turned me away from the game a bit in that there were large periods I couldn't fly my preferred planes. ( I think this is one reason Bill says it would split the numbers.) ( and ultimately killed the WWII arena. ) So I think this one needs very careful thought/delivery if implemented as It could kill this whole interest.

I like an RPS. But an accurate one. Use to be main arena had none and the WWII did and was attractive. The WWII one as I remember had a much more accurate one though. The one in main now is unacceptably inaccurate and I wouldn't think would be asset in WWII. Id get rid of it entirely in the main if one is resurrected in WWII and it would be an attractant to the WWII. Only if accurate though.

I'm in favor of the damage Intel radio 112 being up though. To let you know what sort of damage your incurring to a target, as the graphics of the game as yet haven't been refined enough for that visual verification.
Also it will let the other side know if things are being attacked in a realistic way by what would have been telephone / telegram/ radio or other means. Again a touch of realism.

Its all the input I can think of for now.

Boy I'm glad to see this thread and wish you all the best of luck implementing it. I think I was one of last individuals to give up WWII for main arena as I joined WB mainly for its realism over other sims.
The days as a rookie getting bounced by Colombo because I wasn't looking good enough.

Cheers
Bluzoo

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next