Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: The Main
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:44 pm 

First off, let me say that I speak only for myself and not my Squad. Secondly, I play many online games and am only really interested in the S3 on Sundays. The S3 litany of one life in a historical recreation is what does it for me. The Main Arena is where we do our squad nights on Mondays and I accept it as it is.....warts and all. Could changes be made? Absolutely. However, let's be clear about something. We can only make suggestions to the game developers, it's their game, their choice. They have a vested interest in listening to the playerbase but they walk a tightrope with regards to the financial health of this game. That health depends on two things: pleasing the existing players and generating new players. Focus on only one of those two and we will soon lose Warbirds.

Our population is primarily dedicated long term pilots. We can all think of things that will improve the game for US individually or as a group but that is not necessarily good for the health of Warbirds. Let's say the developers gave us the separate, password protected S3 stlyle arena most seem to desire. What if the majority of squads chose to fly there to avoid the great unwashed rookies? What would that do to the Main Arena population? Let's not forget that the Main Arena is the first exposure potential new players have to assess whether they want to spend their hard earned money in here or somewhere else. If I was a new player on a trial subscription and all I saw was a smattering of other rookies in the only arena I could access, then I'd take my money elsewhere in a heartbeat.

We need numbers in the Main Arena. We already have an S3 arena where us "professionals" can indulge ourselves. Our squads need the Main Arena to evaluate and recruit new squadies. Are there problems in the Main Arena? Yes. Then let's make suggestions to the developers (as some have done in this thread) to improve the Main Arena.....not to isolate us from it.

S!
Crommm
The Haze

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3