All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: The Main
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:17 pm 

I like the idea. I'm pretty burned out on the MA also. I would also suggest that we all switch around on the sides so that we keep some balance. There are way fewer dedicated Axis types so it could easily become very unbalanced. That would also give everyone a chance at flying all the different aircraft.

I'm not so sure about the password protection. We really need to get some of the newer guys interested in the concept of flying more realistically and this might be the place to do it. We can probably police it somewhat ourselves to keep down the bickering and BS. If a chronic bitcher is ignored by everyone he/she usually just goes away.

<S>

Oberst Briar

JG51 XO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:46 pm 

briar wrote:
I like the idea. I'm pretty burned out on the MA also. I would also suggest that we all switch around on the sides so that we keep some balance. There are way fewer dedicated Axis types so it could easily become very unbalanced. That would also give everyone a chance at flying all the different aircraft.

I'm not so sure about the password protection. We really need to get some of the newer guys interested in the concept of flying more realistically and this might be the place to do it. We can probably police it somewhat ourselves to keep down the bickering and BS. If a chronic bitcher is ignored by everyone he/she usually just goes away.

<S>

I agree that there should be a rotation of sides, and that will be put to a vote too. A PW does not mean you can not invite a new pilot to fly with your squad in order to entice them into joining, but we want to leave the Main philosophy in the Main arena. We do not want rogue pilots bringing the Main mentality into the WWII arena by flying around doing their own thing. Your either flying with a squad or your flying in the Main. The purpose is to have an arena for serious squads to fly S3 type missions with a sense of order.
As for the buffer banter, it would be up to the squad to chastise their members if they misuse the buffer, if it continues, that player will be banned for 24 hours from the WWII arena. Personally, I do not want to see petty arguments or complaints in the buffer. There are private buffer and TS channels for that if somebody feels the need to vent at another member. These are some of the proposals I will be bringing to the table tonight. I would suggest that squad members get with their CO's and discuss what they would like to see done with the WWII arena, so that we may discuss them in our meeting tonight. <S>

Lt Col Kelly "Screaming Alpha"
Virtual 4th Fighter Group

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:16 pm 

I sort of like the S3 "flavor of the day" rides...but with a slight twist. Every other week, you have to fly your opposition rides... That way you can see first hand "the uberness" you experienced when you were bounced is not really uberness but just max performing the FM. I do realize we have some issues with some aircraft, so that doesn't always apply:)

But I like it....sort of a formal "squad night" practice for S3 combo:)

Dobs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:45 pm 

Hmm, 3 in the WW2 or 40 in the main. I'll take 3 in the WW2 everytime; especially with S3 settings.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:46 am 

My observations from the informal meeting on 4th FG teamspeak:

1) no server/arena can solve behavior problems. Settings can help dictate style of game play, but individuals have free will right?

2) Settings - seems everyone would like to at least have the WWII arena mirror the same map being used by the S3 arena

3) Limited, or no in flight radar?

4) base closing - should require effort (coordinated team effort), not rinse & repeat suicide runs until closed.

5) scoring - is it time for a new scoring system? Ramifications?

6) Kill shooter - need to poll CO's to see if this needs to be turned off. If I remember correctly, it seemed that most in attendance were in favor of turning it off.

7) Come to a consensus regarding arena settings and present it in writing to Wild Bill - he requested that everyone be "onboard" with the items presented to him.

8) Empower a slightly broader base of the community with administrative powers - mainly CO's of the participating squads.

Challenges:

1) providing a more realistic place to fly without diluting the WB community in the process.

2) how to overcome personality issues that remain from past/previous disagreements.

3) how to handle legitimate "bad form" styles of play if/when they occur (fingers point directly to squad CO's but also to squad mates).

Were there other important issues that I've overlooked?

Last edited by -dazed on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:26 am 

I may be whipping a dead horse but I really do believe that we need to get rid of killshooter. It is one of the things about the Main Arena that I like the least and I know there a many others who feel the same. It promotes reckless flying because there are no consequences for jumping in front of another player except to the player who was jumped in front of. There is very little that annoys me more than having a great 1 vs 1 going and having someone jump in front of me and take the kill and having killshooter take me out at the same time. It is totally unrealistic and rewards bad behavior. Just my opinion.

<S>

Oberst Briar

JG51 XO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:24 am 

briar wrote:
I may be whipping a dead horse but I really do believe that we need to get rid of killshooter. <S>

You are correct Briar. Removing kill shooter was discussed and I remember many being in favor of removing it. I have edited my post to include this item. Thanks!

Also, I forgot to mention that Wild Bill has charged us, (the squads wishing to start utilizing the WWII arena more) with presenting a formal list of how we want the WWII arena to be configured. This has been added to my previous post as a bullet item.

What else did I forget to mention?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:32 am 

This thread has been moved here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=473

Lt Col Kelly "Screaming Alpha"
Virtual 4th Fighter Group

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:33 am 

Doh! Just noticed a new thread started by Kelly for items to be discussed.

Please disregard my previous posts and lets move the discussion over to this thread ----> http://www.squadselectforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=473

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:40 pm 

1) agree with get rid of Kill shooter in main. I die so much because some bozo flies into my bomb blast (even after being warned) or in front of me when Im ripping up a target con.

ON SUBJECT:
What day do you all think would be the most likely to have number participation in WWII. I fly only a fraction of what I use to due to dissatisfaction with main arenas settings or constant manipulation of settings for gaming instead of realism. Maybe too many cooks syndrome. (latest was dropping two 1000 lbers right on two 88s and getting nothing except shot to pieces)
However I get in approximately two hours a day in the evening and each weekend day. More on Sunday because S3 is passion.

If I knew what day or those days. I would dedicate my two hours to flying in WWII a specific day or days a week, at least in the first until things get sorted out. And adding more days as time goes on. If events are advertised I would also make myself present for those as well to support this idea.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next