All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:52 pm 

Please answer this question,

If I were rolling off the CV as it was sinking and my plane ended up in the water, should I be.

(A) Done for the night. (same as if I was stuck in tower at a closed field.)
    (B) Dead ( went down with the ship.)
    (C) Be able to continue and score more points. (even though I lost my plane, not due to stick malfunction.)

<S>

Doc
@doctrdart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:06 am 

drdart wrote:
Please answer this question,

If I were rolling off the CV as it was sinking and my plane ended up in the water, should I be.

(C) Be able to continue and score more points. (even though I lost my plane, not due to stick malfunction.)

DRDART:
I am not the one who gave the green light to take off again from the CV#2. All I am responding to is the fact that what has been attributed to the Doolittle's Raiders as "teleporting" never happened as a result of our actions. We did not ditch/land at F33 and then "teleport" to the CV#2 because we accidentally or willfully neglected the rules as some have suggested.

FYI, I was actually shot down after I took off from one CV that had been hit while trying to land on the other CV. Talk about trying to keep it real. I had ordered all the guys to up off that CV before it blew up, but saw multiple torpedoes inbound and ordered them to exit flight and get into the life boats before it actually blew up. Does that sound like someone who intentionally would teleport? Of most people, I think you should know me better than that.

I get what you are asking, but I don't make up the rules. We just do our best to follow them.

See you in the skies, sir!

Darryl <S>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:40 am 

Darryl,

It is my understanding from reading this thread that your group did as ordered. I am not saying that is right or wrong. Jabo has the final say in the rule interpretation. Whether or not you teleported is not of my concern, but that of the janitors.

I would only like an answer to the scenario I posted above. The question I have about what I posted has to do with the final scoring of Frame IV. I have posted a question like this, but in a different format on the axis forum and would like to get more feed back here in this thread, "frame IV summary" More of the community will read it here than just on the axis forum.

I would just like an answer or everyone's opinion on it.

Thanks.

<S>

Doc
@doctrdart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:25 am 

Darryl,
You said
Quote:
I had ordered all the guys to up off that CV before it blew up, but saw multiple torpedoes inbound and ordered them to exit flight and get into the life boats before it actually blew up.

I find no provisions in the rules for the use of life boats. I also ask why would the enemy risk airframes to sink our CV, points yes, but I would think main goal would be to deny use of it , as per the rules.

I know we have Series rules and Player Rules--no CO Rules.

The header to the S3 WEB page reads "ONE LIFE TO LIVE" unlike the main where you see bomb and bail tactics as well as other non traditional combat. Way to often I see people asking Jabo XYZ when I'm sure that they know are should know the rules says No. Clarification is one thing to ask. Am I guilty --you bet--I don't live in a glass house.
Gaming the rules is wrong- not saying you are Sir, just stating a fact that doing so would not be right.

Salute,
Gofly
AG-8-Doolittle Raiders
Member, Nomads
WBs 2004

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:46 am 

Gofly wrote:
Darryl,
You said
Quote:
I had ordered all the guys to up off that CV before it blew up, but saw multiple torpedoes inbound and ordered them to exit flight and get into the life boats before it actually blew up.

I find no provisions in the rules for the use of life boats. I also ask why would the enemy risk airframes to sink our CV, points yes, but I would think main goal would be to deny use of it , as per the rules.

The life boats statement was only a joke. I know there are no life boats. I am not trying to "game the game." I think what JABO did was try to keep the action going, while we did lose the use of one CV, another was present to which, he sent us.

<S>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:18 am 

drdart
I know once upon a time in another series the 31st got caught in a cv that was under attack. It went down. Any 31st who didn't get off the ship in an airplane, and go land at the other cv, or field, went down with the ship, and was done for the night , even though they didn't suffer any loss of life. Same thing happens if caught in the tower when a field closes, you got no field, your done.
Wether or not this applies to this series or not, I couldn't say.
I think it would be cool if a group got caught in the tower of a closed field, for someone to fly a c 47 over to the closed field, land, come to a stop, turn around and fly to an open filed to transfer those pilots to an open field. Kinda like ditching alive at an outpost that has no airplanes and driving a truck from there to an open field. We have done that before. NOt sure how to handle pilots swimming in the ocean though.
I didn't fly last frame so I have no idea what's happened but your questions were good ones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:14 pm 

Quote:

When Jabo says "all pilots that were on the sunk CV may take off from the remaining CV" there is no more thought put into it.

If you have a problem with scoring or results of that decision, take it up with the management.
Remember, each frame does not represent one engagement but one operation.

coolon
4th Fighter Group

formerly: -=Night Stalkers=- | 44th FS Vampires | Widowmakers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:31 pm 

Quote:
Same thing happens if caught in the tower when a field closes, you got no field, your done.

in my experience, not true.

phenix
Stats Custodian
S6c

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:18 pm 

phenix wrote:
Quote:
Same thing happens if caught in the tower when a field closes, you got no field, your done.

in my experience, not true.

Obviously things have changed over the past some years. As we all know Jabo has the last word on this, like it or not.
Personally, if you were onboard ship when it sunk then I would say you are done for the night.
Why else would we want to take the major effort to sink cv's for a lousy few points each? Of course another benefit would be making the surviving wildcats launch farther from the front.
Doesn't really matter to me as this is just a game. I learned some years ago to not get super serious about the S3's anymore...unfortunately. Serious fun is paramount, surviving is the next important thing to me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:29 pm 

Coolon wrote:

If you have a problem with scoring or results of that decision, take it up with the management.

I already did on the axis forum.

On this thread I am just asking for the opinion from all the players about this scenario.

I am sorry the question made you think that I have a problem.

<S>

Doc
@doctrdart

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next