Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: DISCO'S.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:59 pm 

Since down loading crimea terrain update.

I have experienced disco's ( computer WB program , freezes completly up ). Two while playing in main arena, three more last night while in S3.

Has anyone else had problems with this?
=======================
While the "main arena", it began right after the download (within a day ). Both happened while on climb out and suddenly I had frame freeze repeatedly aprox 20 second intervals but no shut down. Unfortunatly the velocity of my plane contiued and I crashed both times trying to land.

This problem dissappeared after the one night and has not repeated itself in any arena.
=======================
The S3 crimea ones bother me most. I flew the first mission ok. On the second mission after roughly 30 minutes my screen went black, plane was still in flight ( could hear it ). Only way for me to correct it was cut power to my computer as it was locked in the one mode.

I rebooted and took off again. After aprox 30 minutes of flight it repeated the first problem. I suspected maybe my internet which is usualy very reliable of having problems. So I disconnected internet/ reconnected and let it reboot, ( Second flight my internet appeared in great shape) . Then rebooted the computer again and logged into game. My cooling fans are very quiet and I couldnt quite tell if they were operating correctly cooling my vidio card. ( opened it up today and fans appear to be operating just fine. Both of them, though the area had alot of dust accumulation.

Third flight I went up again for aprox 30 minute with repeat of the freeze. Logged for night.
======================================
My internet appears to be operating just fine. My computer appears to be operating fine. Any idea's. I have experienced similar problems after downloads like this one before, but their the exception rather than the rule.

Any ideas? comment? Possible its a programming problem?

GM5478 Gateway computer
intel core 2 quad processor Q6600
Hard drive 500GB SATAII
dual channel 2048 mb DDR2
NVIDIA GEFORCE 7600 GS vidio card.

Running microsoft windows vista program.

Jabo, is there some way I can test flyin S3 arena this week. Tore this computer apart, vacuumed out, blew it out, cleaned it up, updated base software, compressed files, and searched and ditched un neccessary software inputs. Everything seems to be operating real smooth but the only way Ill know for sure is spend a couple hours in S3 Arena crimea. I know its an imposition but if there was a specific time you could turn on flight for me I could make sure im available to fly at that time.

Post subject: Re: DISCO'S.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:47 pm 

For me, no disco issues after the update.
I had disco/lock-up problems a number of years ago that were attributed to computer H/W failing (can't remember if it was MoBo or GPU)

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:05 am 

No issues here.

<S>

Oberst Briar

JG51 XO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:55 pm 

No issues.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:53 pm 

I have had the Crimea S3 map freeze on me twice. I was not flying, just logged in looking at feilds. It was about 30 minutes after logging into that map. During S3 play I experienced no issues.

Hptm Looboy
Gruppenkommadeur II./JG 77
http://www.fly-jg77.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:41 pm 

I have never had a disco with damage in the S3's that I can remember til last night. After getting into a huge furball, getting a kill and 2 assists,I was rtb with no damage and no cons on me when all of the sudden my screen froze. I knew what was happening and was hoping I didn't have any pings on my plane. Well as luck would have it I did have a ping and lost my one life for the night. To say I was upset is an understatement, I was furious! When I came back into the arena this is the last message that was in the buffer when I was discoed..."Network Lag Ceiling Exceeded!" Is this a problem in the game?? there were more planes in that area then I've seen in awhile. I remember when weird things would happen in here when too many aircraft were in the same area. Or is this something that happened on my end?? I had a nice clean engagement only to have that happen and I'm still pissed off about it. Has anyone seen this before?

<S>
Dave K.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:47 pm 

Salute!

Yeah, two of the Nomads had the "black screen" phenomena. Gums lost control and died, Gundoc had already been killed and was a ghost with Bollok as he escaped and evaded for a few minutes before they nailed him Got a kill, tho from his ghost gunner, Gundoc!!

The other phenomena was a sticky view change when looking around. Sucker keeps panning and could not get it to stop. It also seemed to cut off my otto-pilot, as I ws climbing on the "speed" mode.

So gonna download the whole sim and try again. Maybe fly in the "classic" mode.

Lastly, the response time from the server has been a problem that two of the Nomads have seen. Gotta find a way to get our packets to the server and back before the server decides we ain't there anymore.

Gums sends...

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:33 pm 

exceed network lag means the WB server hasn't heard from you in xxx seconds.
usually due to your ISP / high internet traffic.

has happened to me a couple times in the last few months.
You can normally tell when your ISP is playing up because your internet browser will feel more sluggish than usual.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:41 am 

I get dumped to a black screen with the WBs buttons at the bottom FREQUENTLY, like several times a day. (And,I only fly for a few hours in the evenings) Prior to the most-recent "upgrade" it happened that "discos" were almost nonexistent on my system. On the Dec. 8th S3, I got a full 30 seconds of flight prior to my first disco.
I just got off an hour-and-a-half phone call with my ISP. They ran every test that they can possibly run and evaluated that my service was actually just a tad faster than they advertise, with absolutely no "noise" on the line.
It also happens to be the case that when I get dumped to a black screen, my TS (private server) stays rock solid and I can inform my wingies that I just "discoed" from WBs.
Personally, I'm curious if it has anything to do with the recent change in Service Providers by iEN.

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:43 pm 

Salute!

Well now. Hmmmmmm.

Wolfie! You described exactly what happened to the two Nomads Sunday night.

TS was just fine, the whole time. Secondly, after re-booting I only had the problem in-flight ( was a ghost gunner when it happened) but in the tower I stayed fine and performed GCI duty. Saw that swine -dobs- gun our helpless sole survivor, too.

I also did not see the problem all week when planning. You all know the drill - log in, switch to Crimea offline free flight to preserve fuel settings, etc. So maybe it's an online problem. Will try the MA and just take a grand tour around the perimeter for an hour.

Comrade Gums sends...

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next