View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Phenix life update
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:09 pm 

As requested and appreciated!

Last Fall it was discovered that my wife had stage 4 ovarian cancer. She underwent a very long surgery to get all of it they could and then followed up with 5 months of chemo. That was completed in February of this year. We then took a dream trip to Hawaii. When we returned they ran her through another round of tests to see if chemo worked. It did. the PET scan showed no active areas of cancer and her CA125 test showed normal levels of a protein cancer marker.

So all good news, but she has to remain guarded. They don't use the phrase "in remission" for ovarian cancer. This is because of stem cells involved in this type of cancer. It is highly likely it will come back. But, still, perhaps not. She is on a 15 month regimen of Avastin which keeps cancer cells from getting the blood they need, essentially. The side effects of this keeps her in a nauseated state. She will also have to live with some of the painful side effects of her huge surgery (10 organs were removed or partially removed).

But, we're happy. She just went back to work yesterday half time. I had retired from IT 6 years ago and will probably go back to work when our youngest graduates from high school in May. We used a lot of our life savings to get by and we want to get it back up there. Both of us have been saving for retirement as young as we could, so that allowed us a lot of flexibility in our situation. She also had excellent health insurance through her company.

You may have seen me slacking a bit getting data out there. For someone that does not have a job, I am incredibly busy. With COVID going away, my volunteerism is ramping up again. I do reading programs for grade schools and science lab assisting at the middle school. I am the lead set designer for the high school drama club and immediately after Hawaii was thrown into the last 2 weeks of prepping that. We put on Disney Descendants and it was a smash. Because of the huge cast, I actually got to play Maurice (Belle's crazy old father). Immediately following that I chaperoned the high school band on their Florida trip. My tenure as President of the Music Boosters will end in May. I am also heavily involved with 2 community theatre groups in the county in both tech and acting. I have the lead in 'Harvey' coming up in April in one of them. So, very busy, the way I like it!

But, I am still committed in getting you the data from the S3 events! It is something I enjoy doing and it keeps my database skills sharp. Thanks for your support!

phenix
Stats Custodian
S6c

Post subject: Re: Phenix life update
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:06 am 

Thanks for posting your situation, we all wondered what was happening. Glad to hear things are going as good as they can in regards to your wife. Live life to its fullest whenever possible, which appears to be what you are doing.
Thanks for all you do!

<S>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:19 am 

Thank you Phenix,
You have everything in proper context, life is now, live it!!
Big <S> to everything you are involved in, you are affecting many people's lives thru that interaction!!!
Blessings to you and your family

coolon
4th Fighter Group

formerly: -=Night Stalkers=- | 44th FS Vampires | Widowmakers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:38 pm 

Great to hear from you!
It seems that life took a turn for you and your wife, glad to hear some good news.
Hopefully, we'll get a chance in the future, to talk again and laugh like we used to.

Best to you and your wife. Prayers and good wishes buddy.

=wilz=

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:41 pm 

Phenix,
Go glad your wife is in a better place. You're a busy guy. No idea where you find the time to keep up the S6.
Thank-you for your support!

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:26 pm 

--
Mr Phenix,
Appreciate update.
Good to hear.
Will update and specify prayer with new understanding.

S

Juice

352nd Fighter Group C.O. (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
487th Fighter Squadron (V)-HO
486th Fighter Squadron (V)-PZ
328th Fighter Squadron (V)-PE
We have the whips - KILL THEM ALL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:05 am 

This is good news phenix. Splt and I have a sister-in-law that had cancer with the female parts; not sure which one, but she had to get checked every few months for probably 4-5 years after surgery and now many years later is all good. Be positive at all times; which it looks as you're doing, and everything will turn out good. Enjoying life is good for the soul.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ]