View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:18 pm 

Frame 2 Rules and Scoring Design are posted on the S3 website.
See the links at the bottom of the main page.

Players are STRONGLY encouraged to review the scoring as it will likely affect tactics.

Frame 1 Scoring will be posted as soon as I get consensus from the scoring team.

REMINDER.
All players not in the tower or on final approach at T+180 will be considered lost for S3 scoring purposes (i.e. crash of a/c and death of pilot).
This affected seven pilots at the end of frame 1.

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:05 pm 

Arena is open for practice. Unlimited lives.

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:53 pm 

"• T+180 - Near dark, all squads must be in tower or on final."

"All players not in the tower or on final approach at T+180 will be considered lost for S3 scoring purposes (i.e. crash of a/c and death of pilot)."

This rule is ridiculous. In the past, Jabo didn't care if you flew around all night after the frame ended and the log closed. If you were still inflight after the log closed, you were listed as MIA, not "crash of a/c and death of pilot."
Just like if you bombed something after the bombing cutoff, it was no big deal, you just didn't get any points.

With the distances involved in the current series, it is difficult to time RTB when intercepting returning strike a/c.
To allow bombers a free pass to RTB because fighters can't pursue because of an artificial restriction requiring them to be at their base by T+180 isn't in the spirit of the S3's. Who cares if a/c are inflight after the log closes. It's the pilots that are spending their time playing the game, not anyone else.

It reminds me of the last series, when in the last frame, the allies could bomb targets that the axis couldn't defend because their bases were so far away. It was a free points. When the axis finally flew to the area, the allies never bombed them again.

Also, points have always been awarded for confirmed kills. Pilots shooting pilots, not crashes, or ack deaths, or any other reason. Has this changed? Now you want to give the other side points because the enemy was to far from their base at the end of the frame? Not a lot of skill in that.

We need to think about why we make rules.

jlordj

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:49 pm 

This rule has been around for years and will now be enforced to the best of the janitors ability.
Pilots trying to respect it and attempting to disengage are being hunted back to their bases. This in NOT in the spirit of the S3. On that I can speak with some authority as I have been participating in these events since the beginning.

Players need to keep track of where they are, and how much time is left in the frame. It is fair game for one side to attack an enemy, harassing and delaying the enemy so that they can not make it back to base. However, once it reaches the point where the attackers also cannot get back to their base, then they have "crossed the line".

At the end of frame 1, two allied bombers who "extended their stay" will be scored as lost.
Five axis pilots who had an opportunity to disengage from slower enemy aircraft and instead chose to run them down will also be considered lost.

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:46 pm 

I am in agreement with muzz

Germany has occupied Belgium and the Netherlands and will have airbases much closer to England.

NOOKYB 4th FG
4th But First!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:37 am 

I have landed from plenty of frames after 11:30 EST and was never docked for it. That rule was never enforced.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:13 pm 

Frame 2 had a problem with sticky grass, at field 81, and very narrow path one had to follow to takeoff. I know I'm not the only one who lost a life to this problem. If the janitors can fix this problem it would appreciated. Further I don't believe anyone should be counted as a death for a glitch on your end.

Thanks in advance,
=wilz=

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:07 pm 

I was landing when the lights went out Frame 2. Seems like an arbitrary rule. When you have to fly 40-50 minutes for a fight it is silly to penalize someone landing 1 min late.

Ditto Wilz on sticky grass at 81. Does anyone check the airfields? Lost a life and a plane on my first take off due to sticky grass no one knew was there on the runway..... What has happened to the S3s? Sabotage?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:26 pm 

Please understand that in order to keep the S3 fresh, we are using some maps never used previously.

We knew going into this S3 that the North Sea map is an unfinished map- the creator is not around anymore. Muzz spent a lot of time adding airfields only to find out that it would be a real problem to make the update as Apple is making it difficult for developers to update games without going through the Apple App Store... (this is what I have heard) so Mac users would not have been able to get the update.

So we are going with this map warts and all... the airfields that are completed are quite detailed. Maybe we can get this finished someday.

There will be a work around for the next frame that I will post along with the mission objectives by Monday or Tuesday

Salute.

NOOKYB 4th FG
4th But First!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:43 pm 

nookyb wrote:
Please understand that in order to keep the S3 fresh, we are using some maps never used previously.

We knew going into this S3 that the North Sea map is an unfinished map- the creator is not around anymore. Muzz spent a lot of time adding airfields only to find out that it would be a real problem to make the update as Apple is making it difficult for developers to update games without going through the Apple App Store... (this is what I have heard) so Mac users would not have been able to get the update.

So we are going with this map warts and all... the airfields that are completed are quite detailed. Maybe we can get this finished someday.

There will be a work around for the next frame that I will post along with the mission objectives by Monday or Tuesday

Salute.

So we (axis) lose multiple planes and lives to a half finished map (field) and those screwups count against us individually and against the Reds? How is that fair? We requested resets and got nothing from the janitors. I see no one removed the lost planes and lost lives from the log... go
Figure..... this stuff is killing the game.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next