Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:37 pm 

BE IT ADVISED:

The next season of the S3 begins this Month, In fact the first frame begins in 2 weeks. Last year's season marked the beginning of the third (1998-2018 decade of the Squad Select Series.

Squadron Select Series 1998
Three Days in August

Final Result - Stalemate
LW with 2 pt point lead - the Battle continues with both sides taking heavy losses and no clear victor.

Final Summary (6 frames)
Strategic Score - based on the BoB4 rule set.
LW - 178.0
RAF - 176.0

Here is a link to the archives for the early years of the S3 (http://squadselectseries.com/archive/re ... mmary.html.)

I go back when I have time and review the S3 history. Each time I do, I am always amazed that in the world of computers where new technologies, development structures, and philosophies change comes in days and weeks instead of months and years, the S3 survives. In this environment the only constrant has been the players who enjoy the game. Our dedication to the game, the other players (both friend and foe) and continued support have created something that is unique. Of course, we can't forget that same dedication and perseverience that exists in the personal that have kept the Warbird's code and servers up and running at iEnt. And finally for "Jabo" himself.

With that said, let's get ready now for what lies ahead for a new decade. Last year's efforts were a learning experience for me and one lesson I learned is that this show was never intended for one man to run. I had to do it all last year or I would never understand how it runs. It was fun at first but for 5 series and almost 8 months exhaustion began to set it. I was not happy with my efforts at the end but it was all I had left. I can't thank you all enough for your support.

Okay, so what about this year?

At this point we have our first series set up with Operation Sea Lion as our scenerio. For those who know the history of this point in WW II, you know the location and time period. For those who don't, we will be flying RAF and Luftwaffe and the battle will bring us again to the channel terrain. Dunkirk is over, and Germany is now looking accross the channel and preparing to invade English soil. Plane sets are familiar and so is the area.

We have 3 series already with volunteers to develop series scenerio and help guide design and structure for them. What we don't have is volunteers in the following areas. I am requesting that squads consider take on an area. One individual can do it or maybe a couple. There are the areas in need:

Score structures and tabulation for each frame
Side assignments * and communication
Map developement and distribution. (Muzz I am hoping you can take this on again because you were amazing at it

* I will do side assignments and comm for this series because it is needed ASAP. I will use last season numbers but will do my best. I am posting a numbers request for all squads in the forum. Please get anything you can to me soon.

We have 3 series already with volunteers to organize them.
Operation Sea Lion
Flying Tigers
Title TBA

We also have two volunteers already helping get the arena set up and for mantaining the website and forum. (Sleepy and kacey)

We need to develop two more series scenerios to complete the season. If you have an idea submit it in a reply here or put it on the forum. As the fabled recuitment poster of WW II stated:

Attachment:
WE NEED YOU.jpg
WE NEED YOU.jpg [ 30.94 KiB | Viewed 6293 times ]

You ALL are what keeps the S3 alive and vibrant. Please consider a volunteer role because the S3 won't survive if we don't.

T'hanks again and I will also put this on the forum. If you are squad command staff please distribute as soon as possible. We are on moving quickly to Frame one of Series #115

<S>

OVER AND OUT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:40 am 

--

Greetings Gentlemen.
352nd FG will have from 7 to 9

Juice

352nd Fighter Group C.O. (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
487th Fighter Squadron (V)-HO
486th Fighter Squadron (V)-PZ
328th Fighter Squadron (V)-PE
We have the whips - KILL THEM ALL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:28 pm 

Which terrain? I assume Blitz as Channel 44 does not have any Axis fields near the coast.

Any chance (likely slim given focus on WB 2020) of having the positions of Lympne and Hawkinge moved closer to their real world positions (a la Channel 44 terrain)?

Who is running/planning the Unternehmen Seelöwe scenario? In addition to the air-air campaign, is the focus going to be on the naval actions (i.e. stop invasion forces) or the post-invasion land battle?
Either way, would need lots of land/sea AI routines running.
Given our lower numbers these days, I assume air ops will be restricted to a smaller portion of the terrain?

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:16 am 

Blitz terrain.
Operations per historical plan ( so to speak). Establish air superiority, clear the sea, launch the fleeet, Landings, hold the beach.
Allied plan, stop it, stop it, stop it, stop it.
(grins)
Will have appropiate sea and land ops mbl files running.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]