Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:35 am 

I've been playing WarBirds in windowed mode for quite some time. Recently I started getting jitter as I looked around, so I decided to switch to Full Screen mode to see if that would have an effect on the jitter. Now, Warbirds crashes to the desktop before the splash screen appears. I have attempted to launch WarBirds from within the WarBirds directory with the same crash. Now this is not a Windows crash, but a WarBirds crash, so no message, WarBirds appears to be running in task manager and I do have an icon my my quickstart bar, which does nothing. Surely, someone has had this happen before : ), I mean, it's WarBirds right? Having a fix for the Full screen would be nice, but I would settle for the correct (dot)command within Settings folder that will return it to windowed mode too. Thanks in advance. <S>

Lt Col Kelly "Screaming Alpha"
Virtual 4th Fighter Group

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:00 am 

See comments elsewhere by Bluzoo. This occurs rather frequently for me...several times each hour. Much like his experience, my problems began immediately following a recent forced update. I elected to let my computer run all night to DL a new version. Installed it....same thing.

However, it must be said that in my case it is rather obvious that the problem resides in Atlanta and not in D.C.

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:51 pm 

There is a method to get out of this without having to force quit WB.

First, type .e to exit flight. Then type .move xxx (where xxx = an airfield in your country color) which moves you to a new airfield. Then type .fly which launches you on the airstrip. Then type .e to exit again. This last .e will restore your views. So basically, you are exiting your plane, switching fields, rolling again and exiting again to get the views back.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:57 pm 

Wldbil gave me the answer I was looking for. Up and running again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:48 pm 

Kelly, what was the answer and did you ever figure out your Teamspeak problem? I still can't run TS and Warbirds and the same time.

<S>

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:52 pm 

Kelly's problem was not the same as the problem shown in dewolf's post. Kelly had changed from windowed mode to full screen, and afterward, warbirds would crash to desktop without even getting as far as loading the warbirds splash screen. Kelly had no way to go into warbirds and change back from full screen to windowed mode. Bill got him fixed up though!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:50 pm 

Hawk, Wldbil had me delete the "gfx9set" file in the main WarBirds folder. I then could start Warbirds and select Full Screen mode. Once the full screen took, my frame rate jumped from 60fps to 321fps. Unfortunately, my main monitor is a 32 inch vizio HDTV and it is stuck at 60Mhz, as a result I was getting graphic tearing so I had to use my nVidia Control panel and turn on triple buffering and vertical synk. This set my fps back down to 60 which matches my tv. Even so, the game runs smoothly with both TS and Fraps running and never drops below 60fps. You will always be limited by the FPS of your monitor. It's good to know that when I get around to purchasing a highend 120Mhz monitor I will be getting some nice fps. That, however is another year.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ]