Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: BNB Frame 3 general info
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:40 pm 

Bill asked for a "ground war" with Forward Deployment between the "Ville Base" fields, here is info on how that works:

The General will pick the two closest enemy "Ville Base" fields and randomly choose one to "attack" with tanks. The other field will launch tank defenders in response. Anti-aircraft units will also be launched if enemy planes are overhead. Both fields will have forward deployment available to each other for players in ground vehicles, ie, you will be launched at a random point near the opposing field (the players can choose to not be forward deployed by un-checking "accept forward deployment" in the tower screen).

Unlike the regular fields, these fields must first be "contested" before they can be captured. This involves first destroying all the fixed assets (same rules as closing a field), then destroying the AI tank or AI anti-aircraft guard. Once this happens, the field is "contested" ... it will turn grey, and then it can be captured by either side.

Note this only applies to the "Ville Base" fields, the other fields work the same as before.

Sides specific mission goals will be posted in axis/allied forums.

Map:

Attachments:
MAP F3.jpg
MAP F3.jpg [ 287.65 KiB | Viewed 3704 times ]

NOOKYB 4th FG
4th But First!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:02 pm 

Nooky,
First questions/observations, which I know you, personally, do not have the answer.
1) How is "The General" determining which two Ville-bases are closest? Tower-to-tower, closest-object-to-closest-object, or closest-spawn-point-to-closest-spawn-point?
If Twr-to-Twr, ground war will start between F34 and F38 (~14 miles apart). Assuming a field capture, ground war would flow from 38 to 45 (assume Allied capture), or 34 to 36 (Axis capture). other wise, a bit of a question mark as to how the ground was will flow.

2) Once a Ville-base is contested, does The General start a new ground war between the closest open fields or wait until the contested field is captured?

3) Scoring summary page questions;
a) Is the scoring summary page on the S3 site still accurate for frames 4 and 5?
b) Is killing an AI Tank really worth the same as an AI truck or Bomber (1 VP)? One is much easier to destroy than the others.
c) Does a "field location" really mean "airfield"? If so, is closing a GAF worth the same as a MAF or LAF?
d) What fields are included under "Port/Post/Town" as none of these exist in the ETO terrain? Just Ville-bases, or is closing Cities also worth points (unlikely to be achieved, but had to ask).
e) Does the "Port" ESP at Ville-base 51 count as a "Port" for scoring? (It shouldn't).

4) Are there any restrictions to Allied or Axis basing?

5) I assume there will be a limited area where Allied or Axis air-to-ground attacks are permitted (to force the players together). What are the permitted ground targets?

6) Can players drive GVs? If so, what points are awarded to the side killing a player operated GV?

7) GAF 121 is about 1 mile from an ESP at Ville-base 43. The ESP has 88mm ack. This might be a problem if the Axis is permitted to base at that field. Similarly GAF114 has a Ville-base 36 ESP less than a mile to its EAST with 40mm and 20 mm ack. That might be a game play issue.

Respectfully

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:09 pm 

All good questions muzz. And you are correct, I dont have all the answers but I'll send an email out to the Janitors. Here's what I know so far..... check back as I will update when answers come in.

a I would assume Kacey is using the same scoring chart
b. I agree a b-17 ai is way harder than a tank or AA vehicle. I'll find out.
c yes. airfield
d Anything not a field. If cities are difficult - impossible to close, I'd avoid attacking them
e scoring chart says: Close Port/Post/Town... so I dont think it matters. It has several buildings and it looks like 2 buildings at the river.
5. Allies has Mission Objectives posted. All targets are available to strike and earn points. (mission objective completion earns 20% bonus points)
6. Dont know. hmm if so, that would mean the Scoring chart would need to be adjusted...will ask.
7. The grids are 40mi. So the distance is looks to be about 6-7 miles. same with F36-F14.

NOOKYB 4th FG
4th But First!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:45 pm 

Nookyb,
<S>
Ref point 7), The distance is between the ESP (black dots) associated with the Ville-base and the airfields. The Towers for the Ville-bases are 6-7 miles away, but the ESPs are less than a mile! Check it out offline in the ETO using .grndlabels and use the .setfield command to assign the GAF and Ville-base to different colours.

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:29 pm 

I don’t particularly have a problem with it. It will get the action going right away. Are there ack batteries within range of the airfield? Then the red team should take them out with a quick strike. My opinion.

But I’ll see what the powers that be say about it.

NOOKYB 4th FG
4th But First!

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]