Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: To Robert
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:00 pm 

--
(S) My Friend

You utilized all your understanding and environment to not only attempt to evade but to reverse and triumph.
Your aggression and tenacity make me proud. It was exceptionally enjoyable and well done.

(S) sir

Juice

352nd Fighter Group C.O. (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
487th Fighter Squadron (V)-HO
486th Fighter Squadron (V)-PZ
328th Fighter Squadron (V)-PE
We have the whips - KILL THEM ALL

Post subject: Re: To Robert
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:01 am 

<S> sir and I'm honored by your words.

It was indeed a great chase and then reversed chase which then reversed again to my demise. As I could not hope to out turn or out scissor you in a Bf109G-2 vs Spit LF Vc duel, I tried to use my Messerschmitt's superior speed for setting up boom n zooming tactics. My only initial choice was however to run, confident that I could get away from you. Strangely I did not increase the distance at all and I decided to get help from defensive ack at the distant shore, while watching which way your plane was leaning and counter-rolling to misalign our wings during the whole chase. If it hadn't been for you only having BB's left, then I'd be dead considering all the hundreds of pings I heard hitting my plane in what seemed like an eternity before reaching the shore.

It wasn't until we were in the channel that I finally realized I had been running on Bst2 all the time, which is only military power and not WEP for the 109G-2 :lol: :roll: . After engaging Bst3 I could finally get away while knowing you must be very low on ammo, but as I could distinguish your way of flying I knew that this Spitfire had most probably saved some ammo for one last good burst or two. As you reversed and started egressing to England I knew I had the advantage in ammo and speed, and as such started boom n zooming for real, always taking a single shot and then running to France as you got on my six, until you reversed, at which point I reversed after you again and again.

I only got a few pings as you always made a break with vertical elements enough to throw my shot off, and I knew I could not pull G's to try get a better shot as that would have bled my speed (The new Spitfires have a 91% wing efficiency while the old Bf 109 models only have an unrealistic 59% wing efficiency, as such pulling G's causes the 109's to lose speed much harsher than the Spit). When Jedijc arrived for a 2v1 I grew overconfident. I thought I had the kill shot, pulled G's to hard when you suddenly pitched upwards in the scissor break (I had expected you to go downwards), completely blew my speed without getting any hits in and then you quickly took advantage of the situation and reversed on my tail.

From there on I tried to create some distance at WEP and try to jinx your last shots while hoping for Jedijc to come back on you from behind. Alas you fooled me and I rolled right when I should have gone left, heard some bb's hit my plane, and with all the damage I had sustained in the initial chase adding up, one of my wings suddenly decided to seek new adventures on it's own :o . Seconds later more 352nd pilots swarmed Jedijc while he was low n slow.

A big <S> sir and exceptional flying on your part. Thankfully I seem to have gotten the same gift as Tom Cruise in "Edge of Tomorrow" and will be ready to intercept any British fighters threatening the Fatherland once more tonight. :twisted: 8-)

Cheers!
/Robert

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ]