View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:22 pm 

Here's the rules.

Quote:
2. Pilot Lives - Pilots have three lives to live during a frame. Only those aircraft indicated for each squad on the A/C table qualify for the three lives. Ask the CM to reset you when you loose one of your lives non-operationally. Players may switch aircraft types during a frame but once they loose a life(aka bail, ditch or die) in an aircraft type they cannot use it again in that frame. This is pilot's honor. A significant change in the S3s but hopefully will allow more fighter pilots fly strike and give us more bomberstrike aircraft sorties each frame. Without bomberstrike pilots the S3s are just an old-fashioned squad duel.

Pilot Sorties - Pilots must fly the a/c they are assigned from the series aircraft table. They may switch between the three types but once they loose an aircraft type they have to switch to another available one. Once all are used up they are done for the night. There is no 'teleporting' between fields unless allowed for by series specific rules(ie driving a truck or flying a C47). Correcting a teleporting error during play will stop you from being awarded a penalty plane.

It appears the Japanese need a translation service. I see 6 Betty's flown that went down, but rolled in another Betty. Lots of points were collected on those re rolls.

FWIW

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:23 pm 

What about the previous rule about bombers having two lives when the fighters only had one? I'm assuming it does not apply.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:34 pm 

The pilots in this series have 3 lives whether fighter or bomber. You have 3 aircraft to use. Die in one aircraft, then you pick one of the 2 left and fly it, lose it and you fly the last one left in the hanger.

For us it is hurri 1, B-339 or a String Bag aka Swordfish. I can't fly a hurri all night if I lose it on the first sortie. Next sortie will be b-339 or string bag.

For instance: Here's one of our pilot's nights:

HurricaneI LAND
HurricaneI BAIL CAPTURED (milton) G4M1Betty
sfish LAND F019G1003
F019A0002
F019A0004
sfish PKILL F019G2001

b339 LAND F019WM001

Here's the links to the rules for this Series. Everyone should be reading them and asking questions before a Series starts.

http://www.squadselectseries.com/events/DOD/DODAC.html
http://www.squadselectseries.com/events ... rules.html
http://www.squadselectseries.com/events/prules.htm

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:37 pm 
Site Admin

There was an AI issue with the bettys so the first sortie they had none. I let them rerun with AI the second time. I will make sure I check all the available AI next time before the frame starts.
Its a bit easier now with 3 lives but it does take each pilot to remember and check up on what ones they have flown. Always check the buffer scroll up etc, take your time to replane. Action seems to go to the bell every frame now with the extra lives so there is time to check.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]