Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: New pc
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:08 pm 

Kelly - I use Action!, and I fly in Window mode. No problem sir! While Action! can record straight to MP4 format, it doesn't translate so well by the time you upload to YouTube. Dobs advised me to capture in .AVI mode, then use action to convert to mp4. This conversion winds up being much better quality than capturing in MP4 format. I've used FRAPS for a while, and in my opinion, Action! is much better, far less drain on the system. While you've got a powerful computer, there's no need to hog overhead needlessly while gaming. Action! > Fraps.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:47 am 

Hmm my experience so far has been the opposite. I'm still playing with capture settings but when I run Action! it slows my frame rate and I get a huge skip when I end the recording, none of which I experience with fraps. In free trial mode I can only record in 720p so on quality its hard to compare, fraps just records whatever resolution you are running at and only in AVI form. With fraps, direct capture looks no different than being in game, though I seem to lose a little quality when converting to mp4 for the interwebs. My videos can still be watched at 1080p, but the lettering looks a little fuzzy. Recording and processing is a little new to me but I am experimenting and learning fast. Functionally Fraps and Action! do the exact same thing.

I haven't been convinced to shell out money to record in 1080p which fraps does anyway, so to me Action=Fraps.

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:33 pm 

I hear ya Zinhawk. Two things sold me (three things really, but found out I can't one to work). One Action! did not impact my FPS and I can see FPS and average FPS in the record bar, so I know what it is doing to me. Two, it has its own built in player AND converter...just right click and select export and voila! Now I do record to SSD so maybe that is the difference....not sure. The only time I see that "skip" is when I end recording...and it is never while I'm fighting.

I used fraps for years....and not being able to record system sounds from speakers, and TS from headseet is what drove me to look for another program. As it turns out, Action ! can't do that either...have to pipe both through the same output source. Anyhow, Keep recording in whatever you use, and send me links so I can upload to the Warbirds page. Seems to me we have seen an upswing in numbers...so lets keep the vids coming! Also, I would say lets "police" our squad "negativity" on 100 so we don't sound like a bunch of kids to the new players in the game (guilty like most), and if you see a new handle give him a welcome and see if he needs any help...and give him a hand or refer him to a = or+ callsign. We NEED to get new players in the game....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:44 pm 

I reckon I'm going to have to stick with FRAPs for a bit longer. This pc pretty much used up all my "honey may I" privileges for a little while anyway. That's right I'm the boss of my house and my wife gives me permission to say so. :D Seriously, Fraps works for me, so why replace it. I also have nVidia Shadowplay which came bundles with my graphics card. I may give that a try. Thanks for the advice everybody.

Lt Col Kelly "Screaming Alpha"
Virtual 4th Fighter Group

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:21 pm 

Here is my new rig, got it last October. I fly Warbirds with all high quality and never have a stutter.

2 x GeForce 1660 GPUs @ 1.5 Graphic memory each :D
Intel i7 3820 @ 3.6 Ghz (can overclock to 4.2 Ghz, but have found no need for it)
16 GB of Ram (15.92 Usable)
Running on Windows 8.1

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:20 am 

Beaver wrote:
... I fly Warbirds with all high quality and never have a stutter.

But the stutter is how we know multiple objects have rendered and are within D50. Sometimes its the only way to tell there's bombers around.

~GRIN~

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2