Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:57 pm 

Video footage of 3 encounters.

First is of a jet kill. Jet is single engine, RTB and flies right under us. Not sure he ever saw us as you can can see from the video.
http://youtu.be/iTtceCIESCM

Same sortie: Skuzzer and Dobs engage 190s who do a great running disengage job. Ended up at their field...several errors on my part: tanks, fuel management, and SA of their field. Good thing I had skuzzer with me:) Resulted in early RTB from Sortie 2.
http://youtu.be/qWycDwWsPnU

Sortie 3--rerolled to intercept buffs who were RTB. Found the the buffs, found the many fighters and continued on to ensure long 6 of the bomber stream was clear. Lurking 190s found us and executed a great bounce. Late acquisition on our part resulted in not breaking until inside of d10. Furball ensued..still not sure if there was 3 or 4 of them. They disengaged as reinforcements arrived for us and smartly RTB'd.
Late camera on...in pursuit already.
http://youtu.be/xyV27v9VHA4

Going to go on record as saying this is unedited so if there is any offensive language in it, you can always hit stop:)

Dobs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:06 pm 

Dobs

did you post anywhere what people need in order to produce similar live action capture videos?

PC Processor
RAM
Vid card (s)
The software package
Slave SSL drive just for the recordings?
What kind of SSL ? (capacity/data transfer rates)

The only decent way to do it is as you have done.
These kinds of videos are best promotion warbirds could have.
Whilst useful to see what was going on around you, ACMREC is pretty worthless as an action replay or to use for video editing purposes.

thank you

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:07 pm 

p.s when you gonna post some vids of me shooting you guys down with ma tiffy :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:39 pm 

Bollok,

i used to use Fraps but it really hurt Frame rate, and it had issues with multiple sound sources, so I found a program called Action!

It is newer, takes advantage of current technology and is easy to setup/use.

My system: i7 (3rd generaation), 8 Gig PC2600 (21300), 2 x GT-660 Overclocked Video cards in Sli, and I use Solid state drives to record to.

I don't record full time....just when engaging....files get prettty damn big:)

If I record it, I usually post it. Youtube/Thedobs69 look under playlists Warbirds, Warbirds Vol 2, and S3s.

Dobs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:40 pm 

Oh yeah, if you are on Facebook go find the Warbirds Page and like it. I'm an admin over there and I am trying to get spread the word about the game.

https://www.facebook.com/WarbirdsTotalSims

Share the video's as you see fit!

Dobs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:38 pm 

Hm
I have an i5, 8GB ram and a middle range 1GB ati card.
I guess I could install a decent sized slave SSL to capture to and give it a go.
720 would be ok.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:56 pm 

Dobs, Do you run the Action program while flying? Any impact on frame rate?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:28 pm 

All video captured is real time. I have it set to record at 30fps, so you see the Action! Framerate goto 30, but my average framerate stays up usually above 150. I have not experienced any issues with frame rate using Action! But I went to SLI mode when I got it also...

I dont do any recording off acmcam since it just "looks" laggy to me...

So its recording as I fly...I just hotkey it on and off as required.

Dobs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:49 am 

After reading what Dobs uses on a previous thread, I downloaded "Action" and agree that the overall computer performance with Action, is much better than with Fraps! I'm also running a core i7, 8GB RAM, Radeon 7870 2GB graphics card. With this pc and using Fraps, I had frame rate issues and numerous unhandled exception type errors. Since using Action, everything is smooth as silk. Set up a hot key to start/stop recording and I have the capture set at 50fps. Fraps would run fine for a relatively short while, then start causing performance issues and finally random freezes of the system. No problems encountered since I started using Action.

I'd post some of my videos, but 99% of them are boring and go like this... take off, fly toward trouble, find trouble before I thought I would, quickly start losing pieces (especially that dang elevator), hit ground in a firey mess, zombie back on the run way to rinse and repeat. :roll: Dobs probably paid extra to receive the "Hollywood" version of Action which assures him that he will be the winner in 99% of his videos ;) I don't make that kind of money.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:59 am 

Gotta ask why 50fps? Do you think it makes it smoother? I'm curious...always thought 30fps is what "movies" ran at so, and to keep file size down I just record at 30.

Not criticizing, just asking...

Dobs

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next