Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: TeamSpeak Permissions
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:41 pm 

I'm sure most of you have noticed that TeamSpeak permissions have been changed. Server Admin has been limited to a select few approved by Ient Admin.
I have been working on the Channel Officer settings to improve it as much as is possible. Here is what we have.

If you are a Channel Officer, you can drag and drop users within your Channel tree, but you cannot drag and drop from other channels. That is a Server Admin feature that is not inheritable.
You can assign Channel Officer permissions to users within your channel. You can update rank icons for users within your channel. You can create semi-permanent sub-channels within
your channel. These sub-channels disappear when the last user leaves it. You can kick users from your channel tree. You cannot ban anybody. If you do not want someone entering your channel, use
a password.

To add a Channel Officer to your channel, right click the user, select "Set Channel Group" and select "Squadron Channel Officer".
To change/add ranks to users, right click the user, select "Set Server Group" and select the desired rank. Currently, only USAAF ranks are listed.
To create a sub-channel right click the channel where you want the sub-channel to appear, name it, select ok.
Your questions are welcome. <S>

Lt Col Kelly "Screaming Alpha"
Virtual 4th Fighter Group

Last edited by Kelly on Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:08 pm 

Great work Kelly and thank you again.

If anyone has a need for perminant sub-channels you can email Kelly or myself with your request and we can do it fairly quickly. Passwords help keep the uninvited out so I recommend one for your channel. Once you enter that password you don't have to enter it again unless your registered status gets removed. You can also set your binding with the PW so you don't have to enter it.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ]