Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: When to Bail?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:26 pm 

Sunday night after a long mission and having made drops on assigned targets we headed out of dodge for safe sky. Late in my RTB Besea ( Salute Sir)found two of us and he ended up getting my vator then he broke off. At some point was vector to 26. I elected to try and land or at worst ditch near 26. BTW, it can be done with out a vator. Short story is as I neared the field I failed to bled off enough speed in order to get my flaps and gear up and down to help control landing--thus I crashed. My Bad.
Now, I know for a fact I could have bailed (safely)over to 26 but I elected to try and land. I did this because, crash or bail your still counted as a kill. Now my question, would I have been counted as a kill had I bailed (safe) ? The way I read the rules below the answer is yes. Even If I ditched with damage I'm still dead. So if my assumption is right I ask why should it count as a kill--many crew member ditched or bailed safely and lived to tell about it.

Quote:
Player Rules/Player Scoring:
•Pilot killed - minus 2.00 pt (a/c lost - includes warped/badbail - updated logs from OTB).
•Pilot captured - minus 0.50 pt (a/c lost).
•Pilot bales - minus 1.00 pt (a/c lost, kill awarded - includes DWD - changed from 0.5 in OTB)
•Pilot ditches - minus 0.50 pt (a/c lost, no kill - changed from 0.25 in OTB).
•DWD - minus 0.25(ac lost, kill awarded).

Thank for any clarification on this. :?

Salute

Salute,
Gofly
AG-8-Doolittle Raiders
Member, Nomads
WBs 2004

Post subject: Re: When to Bail?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:06 pm 

Well in RL...they don't care if you bailed, ditched, or died. If the aircraft was put out of commission while it was flying it was a "kill". If I shot you up and you managed to put it down in a plowed field..it was a kill.

If you are interested in stats, it is better to stay alive then to die for stats purposes.

and the other question which comes to mind is what do I have to Bale? Straw, hay, pinestraw? Or can I just step over the side and bail?:)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:37 pm 

If you get pinged..... and then fail to land safely.. its counted as a KILL for the enemy.

If you are actually KIA as a pilot, the only difference is to your personal stats.
No medals for you! lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:44 pm 

See...what bollok said...killed hurts stats:)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:25 pm 

!st thanks for the reply's guys.

=dobs= wrote:
Well in RL...they don't care if you bailed, ditched, or died. If the aircraft was put out of commission while it was flying it was a "kill". If I shot you up and you managed to put it down in a plowed field..it was a kill.

If you are interested in stats, it is better to stay alive then to die for stats purposes.

and the other question which comes to mind is what do I have to Bale? Straw, hay, pinestraw? Or can I just step over the side and bail?:)

Dobs, you say they counted it as a kill in RL just because the pilot said they think they hit the other guy! I don't think so. Think it required visual confirmation of going down--with or without pilot inside. . Also, for the record I'm not a stats freak!
In fact, if I crash due to a control problem, I will not ask for reset --unlike I see so many others do! A control problem is "your" problem and one does not deserve a reset. Like I'm just happy if I can complete the mission and this time it was worth trying to land anyway.

Again, thanks for the feedback.
Salute

Salute,
Gofly
AG-8-Doolittle Raiders
Member, Nomads
WBs 2004

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]