Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:46 am 

roan wrote:
got it and corrected Looboy and -pipe-

I think I drink too much...

Make the same New Year's Resolution I did: "I am not going to drink anymore alcohol this year."

Of course, that doesn't say I am going to drink any less either :D

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:18 am 

Whawk, to my knowledge he is on an extended TDY--Such a shame as he had such great skills and talent that he shared with everyone so that we might enjoy each Sunday!

Salute,
Gofly
AG-8-Doolittle Raiders
Member, Nomads
WBs 2004

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:09 am 

Quote:
"Such a shame as he had such great skills and talent that he shared with everyone so that we might enjoy each Sunday!

Say "Amen" somebody!

Whawk was the supreme creator of the .dtf file. Every Squad of which I am aware used his files whenever they were available. <S> White Hawk.

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:54 am 

B24 ON STEROIDS.
Toward end of game squad came on B24 in perfect bounce position.

When diving from above and throught the target my record is aprox 80% of the bombers blow up as I pass through.

I dove in and throught with a beautiful high side pass.. looking back as I maneuver and regained altitude I was suprised bomber was intact. I had put 60% 20mm right on target.

I zoomed up and came down for second attack just as Ozzone begin pouring 100% of his 20mm into the plane. I came down through again finishing all my ammo on him.

This B24 just flew on. Now two AE are unarmed. Besea now arrives and his ability against bombers equals mine. He then comes in emptying his weapons as well..

This bomber just flew on. Oh we were told "has aileron missing. ???????????? what..!!!

About that time the 352nd who had been vectored to us caught the other the members of squad now out of ammo and dispatched them. I got lucky and had turned too base for ammo so missed the masacure.

Come on ... buff tough... realy... Talk about an uneven playing field... Fighters : outnumbered, Buffs: unable to shoot down, Deep in our territory: fighters vectored to us.

How you suppose to be successful or even survive in those conditions, or enjoy the event.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:38 pm 

I noticed on the S6 page for OC under "Fighter Pilot Stats", parked aircraft and AI drones were included in the "Aces For OC" kill totals. I don't think any WWII ace included parked unmanned a/c in their credited kill totals. And in my opinion, in WB's an AI drone Ju52 or C47 kill shouldn't be included with human controlled fighter or bomber kills.

Anybody else have an opinion on this?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:04 pm 

jlordj wrote:
I noticed on the S6 page for OC under "Fighter Pilot Stats", parked aircraft and AI drones were included in the "Aces For OC" kill totals. I don't think any WWII ace included parked unmanned a/c in their credited kill totals. And in my opinion, in WB's an AI drone Ju52 or C47 kill shouldn't be included with human controlled fighter or bomber kills.

I would agree.
Shooting down a hapless and unarmed drone or parked plane (essentially a static ground vehicle) and crediting the same as other worthy pilot kills doesn't make sense. Points are points, but "Ace status" should be based on pilot kills.

<S> billpe
(who has flown like a hapless drone and died more times than I'd like to admit) :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:42 pm 

jlordj wrote:

It should not count and I don't recall it ever counting before.

<S>

Oberst Briar

JG51 XO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:00 am 

Shooting stationary parked aircraft should not count in kill statistics for fighter pilots.

I also would have put up a defense on our closed fields if I knew jabo was going to populate brand new aircraft on them! :x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:09 pm 

Parked aircraft were there, but also the AAA was firing very effectively as we went in under DAR for the most part ;)

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:15 pm 

I dont think it made a difference in the final outcome. If it does, I will throw the red challenge flag. Closed fields shouldn't have targets on them (or shoot, if they were as you say).

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next