All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Flight Models
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:56 am 

You might as well throw video as well sakei.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:43 pm 

I just like to see people like RC post stuff like "so I'll talk to Bill about this" and telling ANYONE what to do. Just being "Me" Johnny!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

New wings implemented for all aircraft in beta. Revised F6F5. Minor tweaks on other aircraft. Reduced torque possibly?
It is mandatory for the latest S3.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:21 pm 

4th has found after flying the new FMs for the F4U-1D in the S3 that it is significantly below its correct speeds at altitude, and the F6 is screwy at low speed and tends to snap role at speed without reason. Recommend going back to old fms until these are fixed. bombr-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:15 am 
Site Admin

All FM reports and feedback should be reported over on IENs new mainboard.

http://bhlanding.ient.com/warbirdsforum/

I have forwarded this feedback to the FM team.
The new FM team is really working hard to get a specific setup so all FMs can be adjusted globally and reviewed quickly.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:40 pm 

Salute!

I agree with Bombr, et al.

Dawg and Dobs porked the FM's to "make them more realistic". Beam me up!!

This is not an Edwards AFB test center.

Our FM's only need to reflect approximate performance characteristics of thet real planes. Quibling about 4 or 5 mph in speed is moot. If the lite folks can't shoot doen the other guy because top speed is 5 mph slower, then shame on them!!

My main beef with the revisions last two years is the over-modeled yaw and roll due to power. We buffers don't fly close enuf to the edge of the envelope to comment upon stall indications and such from lottsa experience.

Secondly, the WEP could be lots easier to implement. No need for separate buttons or such. Return to the tried and proven keyboard +/- keys to get a 5% change in throttle setting. The real planes with real motors did not require extra controls to increase manifold pressure or fuel flow. Two years ago we could use the kybd +/- keys and get 5% cganges for power, and folks using their cosmic sticks and such could change power a % at a time. With the kybd we at least had some known settings for our wingmen, which the lite folks do not have to endure on our long climbs of 30 or 40 minutes.

There are other problems with the FM's that can wait to be resolved.

Lastly, the latest downgrade has made the unrealistic cockpit views even worse than before. The damned canopy bars are too damned big!! I have whined about this for over 15 years, and oyther real world pilots have agreed. We players have two eyes and can "see" around the bars to make their apparent thickness more slim. We can also bob and weave or heads a bit. The latest cockpit views and even ones from 15 years ago look like the player has one eye, cannot lean or bend, has the seat full down and back, and the beat goes on.

Oh well, I'll play the cards I am dealt, but reserve the right to bitch and whine because I want to continue flying with all of youse.

Gums sends...

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Just so we are on the same page. I think bombr was asking for the older 2016 FMs back, produced mainly I believe by Dobs and Dawger.
What we are using in this S3 is the revised wings and minor tweaks for 2017 FMs, produced by several players under the direction of Von Sleep.

I believe they want to address some of the flight issues introduced by the 2016 FM team that made it more difficult for players to operate their aircraft.

I also believe they are not really asking if the FMs are slower in speed etc but how they behave close to the stall and in general handling characteristics. Most aircraft have not had their numbers looked at or tweaked, just new wing shapes applied.

All this is just my opinion, I do not know for sure what happened with the 2016 FMs or the science behind the revisions for 2017.

Either way get your opinions in and bitch bitch. Discussion will make better FMs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

F6F5 getting some tweaks for the next update. Same for the P51D and P47D.
Still need some feedback on this version so any unknown issues can be looked up before the update.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

Reports that the George wings my be too fragile.

"The first word that comes to mind is FRAGILE. Push over on a N1-K1 and kiss your wings goodbye. Our Group lost several pilots to wing departure during the Frame."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:41 am 

Well, I wouldn't say bitch bitch, however constructive feedback is important.
Gums has the right opinion, in that handling characteristics have perhaps gone past a playable option for computer geeks, average Joes etc. Servers being able to keep up is an issue too creating more warping.
Right now work has only been relegated to f6f, p-47 and p-51 as well as a spit and hurri 1...and mainly about their handling. Its a concept thing the guys are looking into and what really makes em tick and just how far something can be pushed without going off the edge, or creating server/warp issues.
The ONLY thing that got done to the other aircraft, was to reverse dihedral, after looking at the code, ....they were all backwards.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12
 >> Next