All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Flight Models
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:32 am 

The instructions are correct. However, Christmas-New Year week yielded the above result.
It was, reportedly, the proper plane set with a "substitute" terrain. I'd look again following the New Year for the "Shidens" stuff.

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:48 pm 

Ty split. And now reading all the entries in this thread I see there is a way to get to the s3 arena as well. Will come in handy for squad practice.

Happy new year all

NOOKYB 4th FG
4th But First!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:27 pm 

Hawk wrote:
I think Dawger needs to take a break and check that big fat ego in for a while.

I am not impressed with what he just said but have one hell of respect for Gums who has been there and done that.

His attitude is why people are being driven away from this game. He thinks he is all that and all knowing.

I agree with Hawk. in my opinion I think the torque needs to be tuned down a bit, because having huge amount of torque and constantly having to adjust takes away the focus needed to keep eyes on the bandit in combat. if your so busy trying to compensate for torque inflight and not focusing on the bogey in front of you, you'll lose sight of the bogey and you get shot down.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:10 pm 

i also know that reality and a video game (Which warbirds is) are completely different from one to another. plus if you were to make this simulation reality you would have redo all flight models and everything else from scratch. also this game can only stay afloat if people who play it can enjoy it as well. the more you tweak something the more problems you create to current problems with the customers who come play and pay for it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:43 am 

odepre asked me a excellent question today. he ask, why is p47 slower and not quite armored enough like in reality?. Key word:Reality,

you claim you have countless hours in WWII aircraft dawger, well if that's the case then you know damn well that the P47 was more armored in reality. so if you want to make this game fun fore everyone, then make it fair. cause i know for a fact that the p47 is more armored than the p38 Lightning. how do i know that? cause i've spent countless hours readying books, watching documentaries and etc...

the only thing that keeps me playing this game, is because of friends.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:12 am 

rcflys wrote:
odepre asked me a excellent question today. he ask, why is p47 slower and not quite armored enough like in reality?. Key word:Reality,

you claim you have countless hours in WWII aircraft dawger, well if that's the case then you know damn well that the P47 was more armored in reality. so if you want to make this game fun fore everyone, then make it fair. cause i know for a fact that the p47 is more armored than the p38 Lightning. how do i know that? cause i've spent countless hours readying books, watching documentaries and etc...

the only thing that keeps me playing this game, is because of friends.

1. Damage modeling is not flight modeling. I don't do damage modeling.
2. Since you are talking about odepre I assume you are in the Main Arena. The FM's currently in the Main Arena (FL7000) were not produced by me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:30 am 

Do everyone a favor RC..save your bitching for Ch 100 and the IEN forums.

Lets not trash the one place people still enjoy to come read....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:07 pm 

=dobs= wrote:
Do everyone a favor RC..save your bitching for Ch 100 and the IEN forums.

Lets not trash the one place people still enjoy to come read....

i'm just making a point dobs. and it seems everyone in here is already bitching as it is dobs. doesn't make a bit of difference if I bitch or not.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:26 am 

--- NEW REAL ISSUE

On flying the B29 tonight we found a bug. The B29 flaps do not deploy on landing. I crashed on landing because they wouldn't come out.
Dropped all the way to 140mph and wouldn't deploy.

After I transferred to another B29 I tried again and still not flap (tried all the way down to 165mph). After i landed without flaps, i extended them to make sure they were not shot off and while stopped, they extended fine.

Please advise.

Thanks!

<S!>
MuskyZ
Newest member of the 4th

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
George S. Patton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:43 pm 

Salute!

Knock it off guys - Dobs and Dawg especially.

This forum has much more eperienced and talented sim/WB flyers and pilots than the Main. Good grief. Why post on the basic iEnt forums when most there do not fly S3? They do not see the immense torque/yaw stuff and do not fly an hour to reach the tgt in a buff.

If many or even a few of us have beefs with our "special" S3 models, then PLZ listen and put your "pride of authorship" aside. We all know the hours and hours tweaking the models, and thanks, but the latest few downgrades are far more than tweaking. When we have dozens of folks here that have been thru dozens of changes to the basic WB program and models, then fer chrissakes admit it!!! Some of us have been here before youse guys!!!

Ch 100 is for dweebs, and we have S3 main forum for stuff besides using ch 100 - what is ch 100??? Just kidding.

The flap thingie for the B-29 is not acceptable, BEAM ME UP!!!

So much for the cosmic modeling if a simple feature does not work.

later,

Gums whines....

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12
 >> Next